Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all I hope someone can solve my problem. My 1.4 mito started and run for a short while with little power, returned home, parked up and then would not restart any ideas?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Is it turning over and not firing?? Not turning over at all?? Any faults in the system. Which 1.4 Mito is it??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, its 2009 1.4 16v 95 BHP model. After returning home pulled up the drive and then it would not re-start, checked fault codes and came up with P0011 camshaft position sensor so purchased new one 5 mins to fit but has not solved problem. I've been checking and cleaning electrical connectors, checked plugs for sparks which seem to look large and yellow on all 4 not small and blue which I would expect. Battery is fully charged and I've been using jump leads off another car so as not to drain the battery. Fuel is getting to cylinders. Cheers Ian, if anyone has any answers they would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
296 Posts
Also it seems to be trying to fire
It's not just flooded ?

I would pull the plugs, clean them using some solvent and then try again. I flooded mine after refitting the multiair unit, and that is of course a completely different situation, but just to tell that it can be flooded.

After that I would check for spark. Or maybe before... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely not flooded, Ive been trying for a few days now, the yellow coloured sparks from all 4 plugs dont seem right, is there a unit that supplies all 4 plugs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts