Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Mito Tuning and Dyno Day

Tags
dyno
3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  fairlight 
#1 ·
I was speaking to the John Ford, Technical Director at JF Automotive in Kent (http://jfautomotive.co.uk/) as I am looking to get my Mito QV TCT remapped!

They offer what looks like a range of really innovative products, including a flash device that plugs into the OBDII where you can load your custom map onto your car or switch back to factory map with 3 minutes. The device does not add to the ECU's flash count and is undetectable by dealers.

The custom maps are developed on the their AWD rolling road which will allow dyno runs in Dynamic mode, (which I understand other tuners struggle with for Mito's)

They also do gearbox tuning for automatics, this raises torque limiters and gives faster gearshifts. This apparently gives equivalent gains of an extra 20-30bhp on an "average" fast road car, without the need to mess with fueling, timing and turbo boost levels.

They have experience with Multiair engines including a recent Abarth 500 achieving +25hp and +45Nm at the wheels. Not to mention a recent Lambo Huracan they tuned!

Anyway I've decided I'm going to have them work on my car, but thought why not share the fun with other Mito owners. I suggested the idea to John and he indicated that he would be willing to offer forum members a deal (depending on numbers.)

I'm thinking end of January (to get over the Christmas blues) but this is of course open for discussion and of course dependent on moderator approval.

In the mean time I'm putting out the feelers to see what the level of interest would be so let me know!

Cheers

Gaz

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.