Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've taken a look through recent posts but I cant seem to find what im looking for so if this has been discussed before please point me in the right direction.

I'm not sure what version of Blue and Me the car came installed with but I took collection of it at the end of July if thats any help.

Im having trouble when having telephone conversations in the Mito and was wondering if anybody had experienced the same and had any solutions.

When I make or take a call using the bluetooth 90% of the time the person I'm speaking to says that they can hardly hear me at all as well as a really bad echo of themselves when they speak. Now I can understand the echo due the speakers being turned up loud but im stumped as to why they can't hear me and it's becoming more and more frequent which is very annoying. How does the mito handle my voice, does it use the microphone on my phone via bluetooth or is there a microphone in the car somewhere? If so where is it.

This problem extends to me giving the system commands when making a call....the majority of the time I find myself screaming 'CALL' at the dash 3 or 4 times before it hears what im saying.

Can anybody shed any light on how I can fix this or whether the car needs to go back to the dealer to be looked at as it's doing my head in.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S Why oh why did they have to spoil a good car by using Micros**te, I thought the italians were design conscious, if the system had been called Blue&-i and steve jobs had overseen its development this forum wouldn't exist!!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You are not alone! No resolution that I'm aware of:(

N

·
0 Posts
If you're having problems with commands also
then it would seem to point to the microphone.

But as SR says, there are a number of 159 owners
who've reported similar issues.

Not exactly an MS issue if there's a dodgy mic or amp.

Take it back to the dealer, demonstrate the problem by
calling them and then ask them to sort it.

Never really had an issue with the system in the Brera.
Reliable and useful. Best option and couldn't live without
it anymore.

;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have exactly the same problems with my blue and me in my mito.

It never understands who i want to call even when its as simple as "call mum" or "call dad" it calls someone completely different, and when it does on the odd occasion choose the right person, it doesnt seem to understand the word yes, even when i'm shouting like a loon at it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have exactly the same problems with my blue and me in my mito.

It never understands who i want to call even when its as simple as "call mum" or "call dad" it calls someone completely different, and when it does on the odd occasion choose the right person, it doesnt seem to understand the word yes, even when i'm shouting like a loon at it.
I am glad it's not just my imagination, I have exactly the same problem. Oddly it worked perfectly when I first got it now it is just a distraction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts