Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been having a discussion (arguement :lol:) with a friend on who's car is faster! He recons his will "kick the mito's *** in a straight line and also in the corners" ... and some of my other m8s agree :mad:

I have told them to look up the figures, Mito 0-60 - 8.5s Golf 0-60 -9.2s !! But according to them the mito's stats are exaggereted and the golf's are understated ect..

So what do we think guys? :D

p.s. i cant have him a race at the lights (not like i would :lol: ), because i have not passed my test yet :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
46,244 Posts
Mito is a smaller car, so should be lighter and therefore faster. Stats seem to back that up. If you were up against a Lupo with 120bhp then it would be faster, because it is lighter etc

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My point exactly! The stats back it up in a straight line, so im happy there, i presume it will be quicker in the corners aswell, Q2 diff ect. I suppose the only real way to put this to bed is to take it to a track! Even then i will destroy him due to driver skill ;) i have the fastest lap at wigan go karting if that means anything :p

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I guess the two cars are similar enough to make driver skill the main factor in a drag race / through corners.
when you pass your test don't do anything stupid on the road..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the two cars are similar enough to make driver skill the main factor in a drag race / through corners.
when you pass your test don't do anything stupid on the road..
indeeed, i wont be doing. Dont think anyone would be impressed if i wrapped a 16k car around a tree :thumbs:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Mito should be quicker. The figures suggest so and i belive Mitos (especailly the petrol ones) are very light for their size. :lol:

Your Mito is 1,080 kg is believe. The Golf 1,215Kg meaning the weight to power ratio is significantly better on the Mito, thus should win convincingly.:D

Maybe somone is a bit geleous of your car but doesnt want to admit its better ;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also dont think he took into consideration that my mito is lowered :lol: , better traction/breaking/cornering than the standard aswell ? :thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
If the stats said the VW was quickest they'd believe it and be waving the numbers at you.

It's bigger, heavier, and slower than the Mito. It's not in the same class either, being more Giulietta-size for comparison. In the end it isn't terribly important to how either of you get home from work on a cold night in gridlocked traffic.

You should smile serenely and give them a knowing wink before reminding them they should think Italian when they next change.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the stats said the VW was quickest they'd believe it and be waving the numbers at you.

It's bigger, heavier, and slower than the Mito. It's not in the same class either, being more Giulietta-size for comparison. In the end it isn't terribly important to how either of you get home from work on a cold night in gridlocked traffic.

You should smile serenely and give them a knowing wink before reminding them they should think Italian when they next change.
i agree, however it would be driving home from college, on a cold afternoon, in a saxo/corsa gridlock! :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
0-80 km/h 5,8 Sek.
0-100 km/h 8,8 Sek.
0-120 km/h 12,2 Sek.
0-130 km/h 14,7 Sek.
0-160 km/h 24,2 Sek. this is mito
Herstellerangabe 0-100 km/h 8,8 Sek. -0-80 km/h 6,8 Sek.
0-100 km/h 10,4 Sek. golf
0-120 km/h 14,8 Sek.
0-130 km/h 17,6 Sek.
0-160 km/h 31,0 Sek.
Herstellerangabe 0-100 km/h 9,5 Sek.
Höchstgeschwindigkeit 200 km/h

Yours mito is much faster

·
Registered
333 Posts
reminding them they should think Italian when they next change.
Which would end up with a classic case of "you toucha my car, I smasha you face" as Mr. Toby Moody used to say on the MotoGP coverage of Eurosport :lol:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
0-80 km/h 5,8 Sek.
0-100 km/h 8,8 Sek.
0-120 km/h 12,2 Sek.
0-130 km/h 14,7 Sek.
0-160 km/h 24,2 Sek. this is mito
Herstellerangabe 0-100 km/h 8,8 Sek. -0-80 km/h 6,8 Sek.
0-100 km/h 10,4 Sek. golf
0-120 km/h 14,8 Sek.
0-130 km/h 17,6 Sek.
0-160 km/h 31,0 Sek.
Herstellerangabe 0-100 km/h 9,5 Sek.
Höchstgeschwindigkeit 200 km/h

Yours mito is much faster
Thats Great!! :thumbs: I printed this off and taped it to his locker :lol: He will have a nice suprise when he finds it in the morning :p Thanks for putting in the effort to find that :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts