Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 is in for its 2 year service today, I've been given a Mito Sprint 105hp courtesy car and I like it ! :D You notice the difference in power, even though its only 10hp, compared to the 95 when pulling away in 1st and more in 2nd. I thought the bloke at the garage had left it in D mode but when I looked it was only in N mode !!, I think that says more about the 95 :eek: It feels more solidly put together somehow, maybe because its an 11 plate compared to my 59 plate but it feels solid. Not so impressed with the wheels on it, not a big fan would rather have proper alloys rather than what appear to be pressed steel to look like alloys !:D I've been thinking of getting the 95 remapped to take the power to 105hp, I'm now convinced it would improve the comfort and driveability of the 95 :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
The courtesy 105 i had a few weeks back was noticably different to the 95.

I dont think its the bhp that makes the big difference in the lower gear but the improved torque that the multi air delivers, hills were definately noticably easier. So imho may be worth looking at what torque a remap would deliver rather than focusing on the bhp.

Cant agree on the built however if anything some of the plastics have been downgraded a little from my 59 and i also dont like the loss of the exterior features between the lusso and the sprint. Everything else felt the same the ride certainly was.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The courtesy 105 i had a few weeks back was noticably different to the 95.

I dont think its the bhp that makes the big difference in the lower gear but the improved torque that the multi air delivers, hills were definately noticably easier. So imho may be worth looking at what torque a remap would deliver rather than focusing on the bhp.
The remap I'm looking at would give 105 hp and 105 torques, I think you're right about the difference being the extra torque in the MA engine. :) The interior looked the same quality plastics to me, will take a closer look on the drive back to the garage :)

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After my 6 hours with the 105MA Sprint I have my 95 back :D For all her faults she is still a lovely little car :D A remap is deffo on the cards though ;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i agree with r d g the new mitos have definately undergone a quality drop, i sat in a sprint when i went to pick up my lusso after its service, the lack of chrome from the windows and headlight surrounds was noticable, there is no competizione (carbon look) dash or door inserts, even the kick strips inside the doors were black plastic instead of aluminium, the seat material seemed cheaper as well, when i mentioned these things to the salesman he came out with a true car salesmans answer 'some people prefer the car with a cheaper looking dash, seats and trim' alfa dealers must know there customers well :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
i agree with r d g the new mitos have definately undergone a quality drop, i sat in a sprint when i went to pick up my lusso after its service, the lack of chrome from the windows and headlight surrounds was noticable, there is no competizione (carbon look) dash or door inserts, even the kick strips inside the doors were black plastic instead of aluminium, the seat material seemed cheaper as well, when i mentioned these things to the salesman he came out with a true car salesmans answer 'some people prefer the car with a cheaper looking dash, seats and trim' alfa dealers must know there customers well :)
That's right, I also had a Sprint as a courtesy car and I also noticed the quality issues you mentioned. Plus, the silver trim around the radio and steering wheel also feel a tad cheap.
I think Alfa are trying to differentiate the trims a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts