Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Anyone use a spare wheel subwoofer? If so which model do you think is the best.
Also would fitting be difficult? I assume a power lead would have to go to the battery but would an RCA cable need to be connected to the stereo? If so, how would that work on a standard stereo? I read you can connect them to rear speakers but I’m assuming that the quality won’t be great that way?
I haven’t wired up a sound system for a long time so not too sure about it.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi, I've had the Pioneer spare wheel subwoofer in my Mito for over eight years now, it really makes a difference to the sound, you might want to think about getting some new front door speakers as well because the ones that come with the car are awful and won't compliment the sub, if you're not sure about fitting then it might be an idea to get some professional installers to do it for you, I used to do all my own installations but when it came to the Mito I had it done by a company that knew what they were doing, here's a pic of the Pioneer unit in the car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. It looks pretty good. How much did you pay for fitting? I like to try these things myself so will have a good look around and see if it's possible.
Does anyone know if we can setup active subs on the stock head unit? I'm not really bothered about connecting speakers to an amp or anything so would probably just connect up the sub and replace speakers, keeping original cabling. Would rather not have to change the head unit if I can help it.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
No worries, the subwoofer was fitted over 8 years ago so prices have gone up since then, but I think it cost around £60 (or about 120nzd) it was installed using the original headunit to start with, a few years later I had a Pioneer double din head unit fitted, when fitted they drew a fused power cable from the battery through the bulkhead to the subwoofer, then they grounded the sub and ran the speaker wires back to the headunit, after having the double din unit fitted it was made easier because it used rca plugs, got to admit that the headunit swap probably made the most difference as it had sat nav capability and was usb compatible so I could have the equivalent of 100 albums on 1 flash drive.

1574617811528.png

1 - 4 of 4 Posts