Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I'm new to this forum so be gentle)

I've just been to order my Mito- 1.4 16v Lusso- and I'm trying to find out how much the VED will be. I know the car will come with a years tax already on it, but I'm interested to know what class it will be in for future years.

A quick google search has told me that the emissions are 138g/km (which would put it in a class E), but a few reviews of the car have said its in class C for tax- so I'm confused!?

Can anyone tell me what is written on their tax disc?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
the CO2 emissions are different for every engine, so you would have to say whether you have the 95, 120 or 155 horsepower models.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
ok.....
Anyway it's £120 a year

p.s. the road tax system is stupid, the 95bhp model emits only 138g/km of CO2, and costs £120 while cars with under 120 g/km pay £35!! So thats £85 difference for such a tiny difference in emissions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a massive improvement on my current car so I'm ok with that. Have seen next years tax costings, £10 cheaper. I was just so confused over the class- one car review said it has emissions of 138g/km which makes it a class C (!?!). So I thought I was maybe missing something, or maybe it was a typo but was unsure which was the typo, the "C" or the "138"

·
Registered
803 Posts
Dont forget they have just finished re-jiging the bands (adding loads more) so its quiet feasiable that an older review will state one band and another an apparently different one.

GK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts