Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Hopefully someone might be able to help me?

Was following my wife's Mito the other day and noticed one of the brake lights was working but was no brighter than the standard back light where as the opposite side was much more noticeable brighter for the brake light??

The easiest fix maybe would be just to buy a new bulb incase wrong one fitted or on its way out? Also are these standard bulbs or led type? Not had much joy so far online trying to find to purchase ;-/

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya after having a quick look at the lamp noticed they looked like LED!

So I'm guessing you have to change the complete unit rather than a cluster of led's?... Will get the carpet out the way and investigate some more and check connections!! It works but its not so easy to see following as no brighter than current rear light ;-/

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If its under warranty take it back. If not then I think they are about £100 a go for rear lamps prob better to look on ebay and get a second hand one..

·
Registered
493 Posts
New complete unit mate! Had it on mine. Suspected there was water getting in through seals- so I doused with a Jet wash and sure enough it started to fill up. so most likely your circuit boards are corroded and hence the dimness of the lights

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately not under warranty.. Have had a look.. unit intact and connections look all good.. given everything a clean and will check when darker.. Just out of interest if the LED's fail... do you have to change to whole unit?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yep, it's a whole unit replacement.

In theory, you could open it yourself and solder on a new LEDs, but I imagine it's a pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts