Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought some tints for my head and rear lights, has anyone done it themselves that can tell me what the hell to do? Or know of any guides? I got a very small instruction leaflet, but it's not very helpful - I also don't have a heat gun so I'll have to make do with a hair dryer :p - or take it somewhere to get it done.

I've already buggered up one sheet - it's not expensive to get another but I'm going to stop for the moment anyway, :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very helpful, thanks! :thumbs:
They make it look so easy though, :lol:
Wondering if I shouldn't just get a heat gun.. can get one for about R229 (about £17.39).

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Try 'flyeyes'

You only need a hair dryer to remove it :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Can't find any local re-sellers in my country; :cry:
Just go on their site and order, best to order oversize though for any horlicks dropped :thumbs:

I got enough to do mine 3 times over for 14 quid but I do have OCD :lol:

Can't see any problem posting to SA tbh :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest, I didn't think of ordering oversize, :lol:
I saw it as ordering a single item (6 pounds?) then paying for shipping, lol.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do you have a picture of them fitted 996? Close up and from a distance?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
NereshQVsPort : I originally bought some LightFX tint sheeting from Autostyle and had a guy on here fit it for me (I can't remember his handle). But the MiTo lights are horribly shaped for the low quality stuff. If you want to use sheeting, use Lamin-X (Autostyle) and you're looking at like R200 a light ( Lamin-x Lamp Films - Lighting Equipment - Car Accessories ). It's higher quality and thinner making it easier to fit (I'm planning on doing this at the same time I get my light surrounds carbon wrapped).

An alternative is window tinting spray (also from Autostyle) called VHT: VHT Smoke Window Tint Spray - You'll need to remove the lights (which means removing the bumper) to spray it though; if you don't you'll have to use quite a number of newspapers and and you take the risk of getting some of the spray on the body which you don't want, additionally the spray can create a "dribbling" effect on the light (which looks like crap (ask me how I know :mad:)) - so I strongly recommend removing the light completely if you go this route.

Hope this helps :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts