Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Like i wrote in the title, I wanted to ask if it is possible to put a MiTo QV's steering wheel, which looks much nicer than the normal one, in my MiTo from 2010 with the buttons for the audio system on it. I honestly think the normal steering wheel looks totally cheap and also feels rubbish, even the one from the fiat 500 is much nicer.
The second question I have is if you can just order it from a dealership (in Austria).
If you guys know anything about it i would be very happy to give my Mito a little present when its back to life after its electronic failure which causes the sparkplugs to be dead.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks totally similar to me, i think mine is a little bit brighter but thats fine for me

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
From what I can make out on eper it is the same airbag, part numbers seem to tie up but thats no guarantee. New style steering wheel part number seems to be 71776855 but no price is quoted on eper however a normal steering wheel is about £500 so I would suggest it would be more and it is the same as the Giulietta one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And how can i order and replace it if i decide to put the money in it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
From a similar thread. I believe I can recall reading something to do with the AirBag connector being different. If it was cheaper I'd definitely be interested in this retro-fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll ask them when i get my car back about what it would cost if they would get it and fit it, because i dont want to mess around with airbags and stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
From what I've been told from a friend that works for Alfa, the QV wheel won't work because of the airbag and also the flappy paddles, but if you can source the new mito junior steering wheel, which is the same without the paddles, that will work!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just had my normal plasticy/rubber steering wheel replaced with a re-trimmed one. Had it done in smooth nappa leather with red stitching. All of that plus a steering wheel and shipping came to £140. Had it done by royal steering wheels. Jack is awesome and can also fit if you want for about £15.

I asked Alfa about the QV wheel before hand. They said they don't recommend it but to be sure I have to book the car in for the dealer to have a look.... = £$£$£$

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I've been told from a friend that works for Alfa, the QV wheel won't work because of the airbag and also the flappy paddles, but if you can source the new mito junior steering wheel, which is the same without the paddles, that will work!
Isn't there a price list somewhere on the internet? I don't want to end up annoying the dealer for half an hour or so just to say, that it's to expensive. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts