Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys educate me, why are Mito qv sabelts like rocking horse poop. I am trying to find a set for my GT cloverleaf project. I went to an Alfa dealer today and the parts department had no idea what i was on about! And were the optional QV sabelt's all carbon backed as per the special edition SBK model?

Look forward to the feedback guys.:thumbup:

Damien.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Alfa can only order the seats with all the part numbers, every single piece individually. So one seat will cost 2k€. Had this in mind for my MiTo, but gave up the idea, because it was too expensive.

·
Administrator
88,052 Posts
Do a search in here & you'll find some didn't find the seats comfortable, possibly a case of form over function, you'll also reduce the number of airbags in your car ;)

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
Just had a check on ePer, looks like the seats are not sold complete as JnL said above - only component parts are sold. The carbon seat backs are £1557.69 each plus VAT and thats before you add covers, the seat base, the foam pads, the reclining mechanisms etc.

Worth buying a Mito SBK for and swapping the seats for some OEM ones and WeBuyAnyCar-ing it when you're done!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys that well and truly puts this idea to bed. Shame, is it me or is it absolutely ridiculous what Alfa charge for one seat only?

Will have to be a search for fiat abarth 500 sabelts then have the tops recovered to hide the Abarth script.

Any links to the fact they have been deemed to be uncomfortable?

Damien.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just know that the seating position is very high and lots of people had to adapt the seating fixture to lower it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So my Alfa parts guy contacted me yesterday about the price of the seats . And yes they come in bits. 11k folks lol. Appreciate the feedback on the fact they are uncomfortable. I have sat in the Abarth with the same sabelts and yes they are pretty uncomfortable. Even worse than my Recaro Pole positions I had in my last coupe.:paranoid:
Damien.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts