Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've recently bought a 2010 Mito QV with 40K miles. The last MOT stated @light misting of [email protected] on the front shocks - does anybody have any experience as to how long it will be until these need replacing once this happens - or is this @[email protected] on these ? I've also been going through the previous posts and can't figure out if there's an option other than to replace via Alfa at the exorbitant price of circa £1200 ?!
Very grateful for any advise:nervous:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi, I've recently bought a 2010 Mito QV with 40K miles. The last MOT stated @light misting of [email protected] on the front shocks - does anybody have any experience as to how long it will be until these need replacing once this happens - or is this @[email protected] on these ? I've also been going through the previous posts and can't figure out if there's an option other than to replace via Alfa at the exorbitant price of circa £1200 ?!
Very grateful for any advise:nervous:

I'd love an answer to this as well. Put down a deposit on a Mito Cloverleaf with the condition that this is checked as when I looked up it's MOT history it has the exact statement on it. Got quoted £767 for supply and fitting of one shock absorber from my local indie so not convinced the selling garage (non-Alfa) will be keen to do anything about this.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have light misting on my rear shocks, and have had for a year. Only the ridiculous cost of shocks (£600 each + VAT!) have stopped me from replacing them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have light misting on my rear shocks, and have had for a year. Only the ridiculous cost of shocks (£600 each + VAT!) have stopped me from replacing them.
Does this effect performance of them at all? I wonder how long it will stay as a "light misting".

I can't believe the price of them, largely I think as there are no aftermarket options available. I'm potentially picking up a MiTo on Saturday which has this problem (still waiting to hear from selling garage who are carrying out service and MOT today). It could end up being an expensive car if shocks need replaced soon.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Does this effect performance of them at all? I wonder how long it will stay as a "light misting".

I can't believe the price of them, largely I think as there are no aftermarket options available. I'm potentially picking up a MiTo on Saturday which has this problem (still waiting to hear from selling garage who are carrying out service and MOT today). It could end up being an expensive car if shocks need replaced soon.
There are full aftermarket kits like the Bilstein B12 kit 46-182890, £600 for a full set of dampers and springs, or the Eibach coilover kit which is about £800-900.

Not cheap but better than £800 per shock and probably a better setup.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There are full aftermarket kits like the Bilstein B12 kit 46-182890, £600 for a full set of dampers and springs, or the Eibach coilover kit which is about £800-900.

Not cheap but better than £800 per shock and probably a better setup.
The price is due to them being unique to the Cloverleaf and electronically controlled. I assume these kits wouldn't be compatible?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The price is due to them being unique to the Cloverleaf and electronically controlled. I assume these kits wouldn't be compatible?
I didn't realise they are electronically controlled.

The manufacturers say they fit, but it might lose that active control then :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
I didn't realise they are electronically controlled.

The manufacturers say they fit, but it might lose that active control then :(
They fit, but then you also need to install a small plugin to ease connector to fool the DNA system in to uncrapping its self.
im REALLY not looking forward to this bill when it needs doing, ill be going the coil over route with the overyride. The car is NEVER in normal mode any how as it feels more soggy than a wet digestive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts