Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My mito recently started jerking under acceleration.
When I accelerate on 3/4 throttle the car pulls,then there is a dip in power and the dumpvalve can be heard blowing off, then the car pulls again through the rev range. The car is in Dynamic when this happens. This happens occasionally at between 3000 and 4000 rpm.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Sounds like an actuator issue..

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
nope its the valve.. common problem. take it to your dealer and tell them your valve is faulty from the turbo to the actuator.Fit the abarth one if you can as it will take 1.6 bar. if you go to chatz speak to jo hardrie and tell him i sent you with the valve issue. its 250 for a new one if your not under warranty. make sure that they reset the knock counter, overboost counter and reset the learnt parameters.

problem solved

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Auto part Pump Automotive starter motor Automotive alternator Automotive super charger part

Is this the valve that needs replacement?
How long will it take approx to replace the valve and clear the learned parameters?

Thanx for your help.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
that looks JUST like the G5 GTi dv...hhhmmm

·
Registered
7,640 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I see.

I read that it is basically an ECU controlled bleed valve. Would this still cause the dump valve to activate when the wastegate closes for this brief moment?

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Yes it's not the dump valve your hearing. It's the waist gate flittering. Like I said. Common on the mitos and Ferrari tributos

·
Registered
454 Posts
my car is also doing this now.

but its intermittent, everytime i try and overtake on the highway in 6th from about 3000rpm... it dumps every halfsecond.

in other news, the engine cover broke off

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I had the boost control valve replaced at McCarthy Wonderboom. But the car still has the power dips. Sometimes the boost will be stable through the whole rev range and other times it will dip from time to time. I watched the boost gauge today and when the dip in power happens, the boost gauge will fall back 2 bars and then go back to full again. Should I change the dump valve?

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
is this after 300 rpm

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It happens between 3000 and 5000 rpm. I do not rev past 5000 rpm often. Under normal driving all is fine, the moment I give it some beans above 3000 the problem begins.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Same here

Had major issues when I filled up with 95 that wasn't 95

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is the boost gauge in the display that comes on when the car is switched to dynamic. The car was fine for a couple of days and today started doing it again. If it were something mechanical it would not happen intermittently right? So it should be electric?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi guys.

My car is still behaving like a rabbit. It happens everyday now and in all gears from 3rd - 6th.
In 1st and 2nd it does not happen. It only happens when I apply 3/4 throttle or more and between 3000 and 5000 rpm.
I have replaced:
Oil, oil filter, spark plugs, ignition coils, dump valve and the boost control valve.

Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Did you have the fuel pump looked at that you mentioned in another thread might have suffered some damage in the past?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts