Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I finally got round to changing the front discs and pads on our Mito (QV 64MY) yesterday. I thought i'd just post a quick note on here that I would've found useful when I was looking round for info on doing the work.

Other than the fact they are 4 piston calipers (which were very simple to push back with a little bit of force)) and the caliper bolt heads are facing the front of the car (rather than towards the engine); this was a relatively straight forward job similar to any brake disc and pad change. I had to do them one side at a time and each side took less than an hour; including jacking the car up and caliper clean up etc.

The one thing I would have found useful is that the caliper bolts have external torx head and are size E18 (female torx socket). (I did not have the sockets in my tool kit so had to buy a set).

I bought Pagid pads from eurocarparts (Product Code: 101580318) and (Tarox G88 discs from Gazella racing. I woudl note here that the Pagid pads come with the wear indicator connector for one side only (both sides have connectors on the car).

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There has been a revision of the pads/cars. Early versions get only 1 wear indicator (but also aren't radial mounted).
Yeah, I guessed it would be something like that. Would have been nice if Pagid/eurocarparts had mentioned it but hey ho :) it would have been good to know if any pads have indicators on both sides. I guess brembo pads or OE pads would have them on both sides?

p.s. Thanks, I didn't know the calipers mounted this way is called 'radial mounted' :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts