Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had QV brake caliper varnish peel off? I lost most from left side in a car wash, and a small patch from right. The glossy finish is gone, red matte paint is still there of course.

Dissapointing at first, but my garage sent pictures of the calipers to factory representative (or whatchummacallit) and they are sending new ones since car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The ones on my 09 plate looked pretty shabby when I traded it in, I kept touching it in with clear lacquer out of a touch up kit, they should be more hard wearing! Hope they don't go like that on the Giuli!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The GTA's and GTV's suffer with the same issue. If you think of all the abuse they put up with it's not suprising that some get tatty. Refurbed the gta calipers after nearly 10 years of abuse. Looking mint a year on :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
The callipers on my MiTo are starting to peel at the top too :(. I can't imagine it's hard/expensive to fix though.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
A full refurb front and rear including seal and pistons is around £600. Obviously it'll be less is your just doing the fronts and you shouldn't need to replace any seals on something so new yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts