Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy my first ever Alfa and have been quoted a PCP with an APR of around 12.5%. This seems high/expensive to me, any other opinions?

I'm also looking to order my car with factory fit options, but have been told 10 -12 weeks delivery - any other experiences on waiting times?

I'm hoping to get a Veloce 1.4 16v and was trying for a small reduction on the cash price but they ain't budging. Did anyone else manage to secure a discount? If so, how, where, how much etc?

Has anyone used any of the PCP dealers direct, cutting out the dealer. Were they any good?

Any other tips for a virgin Alfa buyer?

Cheers
Rugbyscottie

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Got £1000 off my PCP purchase...

Go somewhere else tell them to beat your quote...(lower what they have offered you a month, to what you would consider paying)

Thats what i did.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm looking to buy my first ever Alfa and have been quoted a PCP with an APR of around 12.5%. This seems high/expensive to me, any other opinions?

I'm also looking to order my car with factory fit options, but have been told 10 -12 weeks delivery - any other experiences on waiting times?

I'm hoping to get a Veloce 1.4 16v and was trying for a small reduction on the cash price but they ain't budging. Did anyone else manage to secure a discount? If so, how, where, how much etc?

Has anyone used any of the PCP dealers direct, cutting out the dealer. Were they any good?

Any other tips for a virgin Alfa buyer?

Cheers
Rugbyscottie

My first question would be, do you intend to keep the car more than 3 years? If yes, then just buy it on HP, far cheaper in the long run over a 5yr deal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
for me it's about how cheap i can get my monthly payments :)

rather than trying to haggle a discount, i told the guy that i had a max budget of £220 with no deposit and that i wanted a Lusso 1.4 16v in Alfa Red with added B&M. when he checked the finance calculator, it kept coming out with £290's untill eventually he got it down to the £260's. I told him this was still too much and that i could have a 1.4 fiat 500 for £237. After some more playing around, he came up with a 38month PCP which came to £236 per month. The cheapest 5 year loan i could find for £12000 was over £240 a month, so i consider this a great deal :)

-pup-

·
Registered
80 Posts
for me it's about how cheap i can get my monthly payments :)

rather than trying to haggle a discount, i told the guy that i had a max budget of £220 with no deposit and that i wanted a Lusso 1.4 16v in Alfa Red with added B&M. when he checked the finance calculator, it kept coming out with £290's untill eventually he got it down to the £260's. I told him this was still too much and that i could have a 1.4 fiat 500 for £237. After some more playing around, he came up with a 38month PCP which came to £236 per month. The cheapest 5 year loan i could find for £12000 was over £240 a month, so i consider this a great deal :)

-pup-

Remember you are still going to have a large balance to pay after the 38 month PCP deal if you want to keep the car. That's why if you intend to keep it for 5 yrs or more then it's better to get it on HP, and you can also haggle HP APR down, I halfed my quote from 11.5% to 6.5% APR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for your advice. After using some stalling tatics and shopping a bit further a field I got the monthly down to under £200 and shaved a bit of the APR to so well pleased. And even better I ordered it today!! Can't wait for it to arrive!!!! Enjoy the sunshine everyone ( shame I've not got my MITO to go posing in in the sun! LOL!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts