Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered if any other Mito owners were/have experience this....I have the 0.9 twin air QV line which I got in September 2015 and over the past month have had intermittant problems when starting the engine. I start the engine as normal and then cuts out. Happens with and without pressing the clutch upon ignition. The last couple of times (last week in the morning and yesterday evening), the engine sounds like it's on then slowly cuts off. When I notice that happening, the second time I rev the engine and it stays on.

The dealership garage have already run diagnostics on the engine but they found nothing. Was told to keep track of the issue and to bring it in again. It's booked in again for something else and have reported the same issue whihc I hope they can look into in further detail this time. Surely this shouldn't happen on a new car. I've had 2 other Mitos in the past; my previous one had the same engine and it was fine, no problems at all. This seems to happen in the morning and evenings before/after work.

has anyone else encountered this?

M

·
0 Posts
On a couple of occasions my Twinair revs hunted a bit after starting on cold mornings but a dab on the throttle stops this and the revs are then steady...engine doesn't cut out though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 1.4 MultiAir has the same issue. I have noticed it intensify the last few days. I originally took it to service 2 months ago but they also couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also had the same issue with my 65 plate Mito, I tend notice it more during a cold morning. Giving it a little throttle solves the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting to see it's not just me then. I wondered if it was the cold temperatures but the garage said it shouldn't be so. I never had this problem with minus temepratures with any of my Alfa's. I'm interested to see what the garage says this week!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did hear that Alfa had refined the twin air engines on the 65 plates and the garage carried out a clutch and neutral signal learning and so far it's OK. They said this seemed to have done the trick on other cars with similar issues. Fingers crossed.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep I get this as well, and same as you the garage said that there's not much they can do. It hasn't done it for a little while now, but it is getting warmer and it seems to be much worse on cold mornings.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I did hear that Alfa had refined the twin air engines on the 65 plates and the garage carried out a clutch and neutral signal learning and so far it's OK. They said this seemed to have done the trick on other cars with similar issues. Fingers crossed.......

This would make sense as my 65 plate QV has not have any hesitation on cold start, unlike my previous 2012 QV. All be it both multi air engines (not twinair)

Although I have found the TCT gearbox is a little erratic when cold. It has a tendency to fly through the gears.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my twinAir last March and the day after I brought it home, it went straight back to the dealer for 6 weeks. They came up with a "temporary fix" and said they were waiting on a "software update."

The said it's a cold start problem and, lo and behold, about a month ago, it started happening again. Needless to say, the car has gone straight back to the dealer. Again.

We are supposedly still waiting on this software update a year on, but if it helps I've noticed it generally happens when the temperature goes below 6/7°.

Anybody else finds their Start Stop function doesnt really work either?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my twinAir last March and the day after I brought it home, it went straight back to the dealer for 6 weeks. They came up with a "temporary fix" and said they were waiting on a "software update."

The said it's a cold start problem and, lo and behold, about a month ago, it started happening again. Needless to say, the car has gone straight back to the dealer. Again.

We are supposedly still waiting on this software update a year on, but if it helps I've noticed it generally happens when the temperature goes below 6/7°.

Anybody else finds their Start Stop function doesnt really work either?
Mine was checked for software updates; there were none. My garage said temperature should not be a factor but yes, my problem was happening at that similar temp, but not always. Seemed to be fine at 1 degree, even minus temps. I don't use the start and stop function anymore. In my previous Mito (62 plate) it worked intermittently but didn't think it was ever a fault as I never really knew when it is supposed to kick in. Sometimes in neutral it would work, and sometimes the engine would stay on. With my current car I have it turned off. Did have it on once and the engine struggled to turn on again at one point and think ts may have been linked to the issues I have been having now. Since the garage did what they did, it has been OK and the engine feels and sounds "stronger" when it is turned on, but somewhere in the back of my mind I am not convinced this is a permanent fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wondered if any other Mito owners were/have experience this....I have the 0.9 twin air QV line which I got in September 2015 and over the past month have had intermittant problems when starting the engine. I start the engine as normal and then cuts out. Happens with and without pressing the clutch upon ignition. The last couple of times (last week in the morning and yesterday evening), the engine sounds like it's on then slowly cuts off. When I notice that happening, the second time I rev the engine and it stays on.

The dealership garage have already run diagnostics on the engine but they found nothing. Was told to keep track of the issue and to bring it in again. It's booked in again for something else and have reported the same issue whihc I hope they can look into in further detail this time. Surely this shouldn't happen on a new car. I've had 2 other Mitos in the past; my previous one had the same engine and it was fine, no problems at all. This seems to happen in the morning and evenings before/after work.

has anyone else encountered this?
I've got a similar intermittent issue with my 65 plate 0.9. You had any news back or found a fault anywhere?
Doesn't seem worth me booking it into the dealer if they are just going to tell me there's nothing they can fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello - they "learned" (I think this means re-set) my clutch and first gear and it seems to be better now. The problems hasn't happened anymore. hope you manage to get yours sorted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello - they "learned" (I think this means re-set) my clutch and first gear and it seems to be better now. The problems hasn't happened anymore. hope you manage to get yours sorted.
Going to speak to them and try get it booked in sometime. I'll stick a post or reply on here once it's been in if they "fix" anything for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts