Alfa Romeo Forum banner

MiTo Pics From Alexanders - Thornaby

3K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  baby278278 
#1 ·
Popped in tonight to pick up the 156 SW and they had just taken delivery today of their display MiTo. Lovely colour - a black/red :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
And and a couple more. Forgot what model this is exactly but it is a 1.4 turbo producing 155BHP!!! :thumbs:

(1 pic won't upload as too big :( I am on laptop and don't have image software on here)

This is the MS Windows USB slot. You can plug all sorts into it - apparantly . .

Attachments

#7 ·
Aye that it is Kevin. Max output is 180 watts - well thats what it said on the cover for the output :)
Believe it or not those wheels are 17's even though though do look a little lost in the arches! Was talking to the guys at the garage and they were saying, and I agree, that some spoked wheels would look better. They were going to swap some from a 159 or a GT but as you can see if you look closely the MiTo are 4 stud :( So that means that most of the Alfa wheels on all the newer cars won't retro fit to the MiTo (and I just know that someone will be on in a min to tell me about offset differences and the such :) )
The other pic I still need to adjust and upload is a fuller picture of the centre console. I will see if I can do anything for image adjustment size on me laptop.
Oh and the pics could have been better - only had me N82 handy at the time :(

#11 ·
Aye that it is Kevin. Max output is 180 watts - well thats what it said on the cover for the output :)

Believe it or not those wheels are 17's even though though do look a little lost in the arches! Was talking to the guys at the garage and they were saying, and I agree, that some spoked wheels would look better. They were going to swap some from a 159 or a GT but as you can see if you look closely the MiTo are 4 stud :( So that means that most of the Alfa wheels on all the newer cars won't retro fit to the MiTo (and I just know that someone will be on in a min to tell me about offset differences and the such :) )
The other pic I still need to adjust and upload is a fuller picture of the centre console. I will see if I can do anything for image adjustment size on me laptop.
Oh and the pics could have been better - only had me N82 handy at the time :(
I quite like the wheels - at least they're easy to clean

Your pictures are very good :) :) :)

#20 ·
This is something I am also struggling with. They look so much better on 18" wheels. Just remember the ride is OK with 18" ;). The only problem I have is that the only 18" I like are aftermarket. I think they did a real dirty number on us by showing an 18" version of the Sport alloy in the brochure when it isn't even available. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

david

#21 · (Edited)
You can surely spec it with the 18s and when the 18 multis are available, exchange them, plus a small premium, at the dealer...
I think get the 17s, and then buy 18" Multispokes (maybe OZ Superturismos, or Team Dynamic Monza GTs) aftermarket, and sell off the 17s when they arrive.

EDIT: If you like, you can see here the Team Dynamic wheels and the Novitec on the white Mito that oodave tested.
Example: My favourite wheels there are the plain black Team Dynamics Monza GTs in black.
The 18" wheels Alfa are providing cost £600. These cost £617 going by the current exchange rates, Euro to GBP.
Then, we can factor in around £400 for tyres.
That's a total of £1017... I'm sure you can easily get about £500 for a brand new set of 17" Alfa Romeo wheels. This would bring the total cost BELOW buying the 18" wheels.

#23 ·
I saw the same car in Guest Alfa Romeo in Knowle today. Great looking car and very nice interior. The display car has 17" wheels with Pzero Nero tyres. Have to agree about the usb slider cover - very flimsy and definitely bound to wear out/snap at some point. However the rest of the car feels very sturdy. I don't see the reason for a new car buyer to buy a 147 after seeing this, however I've not driven a Mito yet.

A guy I spoke to there had sold his Maserati 4200 to get one and yes his Maserati was full of problems. He's having 18" wheels on his.

#26 ·
Oh man. Was never a huge fan of the Brera, but when i put down my deposit for the Mito, behind me was a black Brera S. I couldn't keep my eyes off it, absolutely bloody stunning. My bro said if he hadn't already got his GTi, he woulda picked up one of them if it were out at that time.

#28 ·
Just back from viewing the Mito at Blade Alfa Romeo in Cheltenham. It was exactly the same model and colour as described above (are all the Mitos currently in dealerships the same spec?). Impressed with the interior and general solidity of it. But I just can't get my head around the front end. I'd been hoping I'd like it much more in the metal than I did in the photos - but I don't :(

Great staff at Blade though - and I'll still take a Mito out for a spin when they start testdrives on January 24th. ;)

Cheers
Aubrey

#29 ·
Well, I have just been into the dealer to check out the colours, and I think I am going to order one in Rosso Giulietta with red seats. I saw the Nero Etna with red dash and red seats and under a showroom light she looks stunning. Then I looked outside into the grey Dutch winter and saw a brown looking car. They didn't have the Rosso Alfa on the MiTo but there was a 147 and a 159 with that finish. To be honest I was disappointed. It is a flat red, darker than most other car reds, and it didn't look spectacular. Shame they didn't make a metallic red.

In the metal, the MiTo looks a lot better with the 17" wheels. They mentioned having lowered one by 2cm but it did compromise the comfort quite a bit, but ofcouse it looks great. The rear wheel arches are the ones that look strange with the 17". Maybe with spacers on the back, but this will probably upset the handling. P-Zero Neros are the standard tyre in NL, although the press images are with Potenzas.

The only thing left to choose are the options. I am considering the Xenon headlights, heated seats and the visibility pack (dimming mirror, auto wipers/lights).

I'll post the config once she's ordered.

/david

#31 · (Edited)
Yup all the UK dealers got a LHD Etna Black 155 Veloce from Germany for their static display, I would also suspect that they all have the standard Veloce wheels and the same options, can't remember if it had dual zone climate control or not.

Ah it does.

#34 ·
I sat in the car again today whilst getting my tracking checked.
Clearly smaller in the back than a 147 - can seat 2 at ease and 3 at a push. It's a well built car and I'm pretty impressed. Only other thing I noticed is that the door handles are made of that same plastic that's used on the USB socket slider cover - if you pull the handle hard enough you can feel it bend! :eek: However in normal usage it shouldn't snap I think.

Overall, I think if it drives well it'll make a great car. Whilst there I also got to sit in a 159 and a Brera, whilst they are great, there is something more impressive about the MiTo - all about how it's put together. Just remembering the cruise control stalk on the Brera and how flimsy it was - the one in the 147 is much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.