Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just reading the Auto Trader review and found this:

"We found the Mito to be most entertaining in Dynamic mode, particularly with an ‘overboost’ function on the turbocharged engines, which can provide up to an extra 10bhp when needed for short periods."

Are they just referring to the dynamic mode, or is there a separate 'overboost' function that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi guys,

Just reading the Auto Trader review and found this:

"We found the Mito to be most entertaining in Dynamic mode, particularly with an ‘overboost’ function on the turbocharged engines, which can provide up to an extra 10bhp when needed for short periods."

Are they just referring to the dynamic mode, or is there a separate 'overboost' function that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
Yeah the Dynamic mode provides the overboost.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am not sure but it definitely the case in the 155 as you can see the turbo pressure display and it goes down after the over-boost is over.

·
Registered
208 Posts
on a 1.3 diesel... perhaps. Before my remap D was good for a quicker engine response but to output more hp... Not really convinced.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's a snapshot of 1.4 Multiair power and torque curve. The dotted line is dynamic mode, according to this graph D gives you more power between 2000 and 5000 rpm. Max power is the same.
That graph makes a lot of sense. I believe that is how it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts