Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
The Giulietta rides better and doesn't have the terrible artificial steering from the Mito.

The Mito on the other hand is a decent little (cheaper) car and doesn't look like an Astra.

(for the record, I agree with scoobeedoo, the ride on the Mito I've always found to be unrefined and crude, even if it does handle reasonably well - and that comes from owning two).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is like 10 years old but I came here to look for anyone who could offer advice between the Mito and the Giulietta for a cheap economical car to use for travelling approx 40 dual carriageway miles per day to work. I have to say I have learned so much from reading all your comments and advice. what a fab forum with really helpful people, so glad I stumbled across it. Having said that I still doont know what to buy? Mito I think? (y)(y)

·
Registered
34,763 Posts
Mito electric steering is less sophisticated than the Giulietta system which is “dual pinion” so doesn’t need constant correction on nearly straight motorway.
And the electrics can fail too on a Mito.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not noticed any issues on the motorway in my mito, but the Giulietta feels a lot more sensible, comfortable and grown up.

If you tend to do more longer journeys, regularly use the rear seats or need a bit more space then a Giulietta is probably a better bet.

Giulietta is heavier though so doesn't feel as lively for a similar power output.

I have a mito multiair 135 and my mum has a Giulietta multiair 150, so have driven both back to back several times. The only thing I would swap would be the 6 speed gearbox as I have no issue with the ride or steering of the mito on motorways but 5th gear can feel a bit buzzy after a while, although this will depend which model mito you get as some have a six speed 'box.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I could drive our old Mito (18" wheels) from here (Notts) all the way to Cornwall and say what a great car, the suspension is just fine, don't know what all the fuss is about harsh suspension, but drive it 2 miles to our local Tesco on the third world roads around here and it was unbearable. I find the Giulietta (18"wheels) does at least take the sting out of the potholes!
Conclusion, If your mainly driving motorway and A roads the Mito is great. If you're mainly commuting and your local roads are distinctly Russian, like they are in Ashfield, well.................

And as for handling and chuckability,
Mito Sportiva 135............5 out of 5
Giulietta Sport 120..........4 out of 5

The Giulietta is a bit more grown up, a bit like me now I'm over 60!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts