Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of u may know i've had nothing but agg from my mito and have just started the rejection process. If all goes well, not sure i wanna another one. The dealer where i bought it has a few pre-reg well spec'd 147's in stock and was quite tempted 2 try and broker a deal 4 a swap. Just its out going and the mito's a new model. Plus mine's a turbo and the 147's a 1.6, quite a power difference. Advice welcome.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
i'd stick with a MiTo, to be honest as good as the 147 once was, its about to be replaced & you won't be able to give it away come trade in! Do you really want a design thats 10 years old?

R

·
0 Posts
I have both, in all honesty they both have good and bad points, however the MiTo wins without a doubt its faster, more comfortable, handles better and has better ride quality ........ need I say more ?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I'd stick with the mito, miles safer and more modern and as has been said the 147 gets replaced with the guiletta this year so prices for the 147 will drop significantly

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd stick with the Mito, the 147 design is almost a decade old by now. I went from a problem-plagued 147 Selespeed (aircond problems, junked engine, atrocious interior build quality) to a Mito and the new car's faster, more comfortable and makes me smile every time I look at it. Instead of wanting to take a sledgehammer to it :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
its a shame to hear you have lots of problems with your mito. I have the same car and spec as you and have had no problems at all. I would go for it with another Mito and hopefully you will get a much better experience than what you have had with your current 'friday afternoon' car.

N

·
0 Posts
I loved my Acero Verde 147 2.0 TS when I bought it.

First new car ever.

:cool:

However that was NINE years ago and not much has been
done in terms of changes to the 147. (Apart from making
it more appeal more to woman. )

MiTo. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
As above really.

Late plate 147 values are known to be sinking like stones and virtually impossible to shift.

Conversely Mitos have class leading residuals, plus as already stated are a much newer tech and design.

Mito! Mito! Mito!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi probably will px my aging 05 Golf with a 08 reg collezione, petrol, with 18k m on clock...i like the shape and look but any recommendations or warnings on performance..etc?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts