Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year with my current Mito multi 1.4105 (2012), while I like it, I've always been a bit unhappy with the power of the car, and really wished I had gone for 135/155.

I am in a dreaded PCP but wonder how it looks if I approach another dealer as I would want an older (maybe 2009 onwards) (well maintained) model with the higher specs such as 135/155, leather seats etc, but they may well be cheaper than my car as mine is 2012 with quite low mileage. When I first joined I was advised to go older for more kit, but had people telling me I needed to go as new as possible with "one of those cars". At least I still got one and ignored the rest!

Has anyone ( terms of price ) downgraded on a pcp at all. I truly wish I'd done HP or a loan now but hey ho lesson learned, I am not not even sure if any of this is possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
1.4 TB multiair 155 Veloce on Autotrader at £3.4k (3k cash probably) - Looks well looked after with low miles (64k) and recent cambelt...

Sell current motor, clear up any finance (probably early repayment charge - [email protected]$tards) and buy the above (or similar) for cash - Job done....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I may consider selling - either way I'd be loosing out due to the PCP, hopefully won't go down this road again. I was told I can also walk away early from a PCP but not sure since I just renewed the insurance if that's even worth doing either and yes, they will charge fees. Oh well one way or another I'll find a way to swap.

·
Registered
38,758 Posts
One year into a pcp you'll possibly be surprised how much you still owe. I'd check that first with a settlement figure. Any car seems to get slower as you get used to it and you want to get a quicker one. If you can afford it why not!

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it was me I'd be tempted to keep the existing car and upgrade with second-hand wheels, interior etc.

Extra 30HP wouldn't be worth the risk of buying a cheap (unloved) example...

(I have the 135 and wonder the same about 170 QV)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One year into a pcp you'll possibly be surprised how much you still owe. I'd check that first with a settlement figure. Any car seems to get slower as you get used to it and you want to get a quicker one. If you can afford it why not!
The voice of reason................. I needed it. I haven't got lump sums to give back on what I owe right now. It is cheaper to do the jobs on the recent MOT advisories. Better the devil I know, I have serviced and put a cambelt on since I purchased so I may as well continue for another year. It has not broken down on me and I am just the second owner. Who needs more power............ right:thinking:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose this is true, it just frustrates me A LOT coming out of first gear (could be my feet but it's been a year now), if not for that I might not moan so much, but as I replied above, the car seems to be sound so I'll keep it for while longer and just look after it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts