Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, after a lot of saving up and working overtime I have finally bought my first car, 2010 Mito 1.4 TB Veloce and I couldn't be happier! However at around 20mph there is a rattle/buzz sound that sounds like it is coming from the dashboard right behind the speedo. If anyone knows what this is and how to get rid of it please let me know, thanks! I will try and get a video uploaded of the sound.

Cheers

Adam.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's an Alfa, it wouldn't be right if there was no strange sounds. If it does bother you too much a video would allow someone here to help you a lot more. Here's too plenty of happy motoring, great little cars!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My 2015 QV hit a pot hole last week and has developed the exact same noise from the same place.

Your description of buzzing sound is spot on, however mine comes on at around 20mph and get worse with more revs.

Bloody annoying.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have a poke around behind the headunit and speedo cluster over the weekend and see if I can find the source of noise, will keep you posted!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll have a poke around behind the headunit and speedo cluster over the weekend and see if I can find the source of noise, will keep you posted!
I have the exact same noise - any ideas out there?? I wondered if it was the plastic rubbing on wiper arm under bonnet but it sounds like the dash. Does not seem to do it when the car is damp/cold.??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts