Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just placed an order for an Alfa Mito Multiair 1.4 135TB Veloce with Bi- Xenon headlights. Its black with Competizone red and black-red sports cloth seats.
Let the 10 week count down begin :thumbs:

·
Registered
138 Posts
almost right model

change it to a 155TB, and make it Alfa red. thats mine. Quite got to like the gay pinky brown dashbard :) - esp with the red veloce seats

·
Registered
694 Posts
Quite got to like the gay pinky brown dashbard :)
I nearly ended up with that on mine but found a car that was more suitable in other ways which happened to have the black dash instead. The Competizone one looks fine but have you seen the red leather one?
It's... distinctive.

And yeah, enjoy your car jgcl08025. They look great with in black - particularly with the interior you've chosen.

B

·
0 Posts
Will be interested to see how you get on with it as I'm very interested in how the whole MA thing goes...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I bet in a couple of months new mito owners will be complaining about multiair engine's MPG. it's meant to be 10% more economical than the equivalent "non-multiair" engines, but for eco-drivers, I don't think the long-term fuel savings will make up for the initial purchase cost.

·
Vendor
46,436 Posts
Does the 135 get the same 4-pot Brembo front brakes as the 155?

·
Vendor
46,436 Posts
The sensible money is on a used 155 in that case - the Brembos really do make a massive difference. And with upgraded pads, the braking performance gap will only get wider..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Though it's actually the carbon fibre effect dash top piece you get with the Lusso and Veloce that's called Competizone, the seats are just called Sports Cloth in black-black or black-red.
What he said ;)

Good move, you won't be disappointed with the Mito :thumbs:
Cheers m8. hopefully i wont be disappointed with all the bad news you hear about Alfa's.

almost right model

change it to a 155TB, and make it Alfa red. thats mine. Quite got to like the gay pinky brown dashbard :) - esp with the red veloce seats
I did consider the 155tb but i also had to consider my pocket :)

I nearly ended up with that on mine but found a car that was more suitable in other ways which happened to have the black dash instead. The Competizone one looks fine but have you seen the red leather one?
It's... distinctive.

And yeah, enjoy your car jgcl08025. They look great with in black - particularly with the interior you've chosen.
Cheers m8. I took a liking to the black straight away :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
MiTo MultiAir Test Drives at Mangoletsi Now

Just to let everyone know that we now have 2 x MiTo MultiAir 135BHP Demonstrators prepared & ready for customer test drives.

1 x Alfa Red Lusso
1 x Tornado Blue Veloce

They drive amazingly; we are all blown away - a little bit faster than the 155BHP. :)

Call us to arrange a test drive on 01565 722899 or PM me your contact details and we will call you.

Regards
Mangoletsi.

·
Registered
300 Posts
How is 135bhp faster than 155bhp?

.....14 x customer test drives in 3 days, 14 x customers "blown away" with the performance, 3 x customers already agreed to trade in their MiTo 155 for a MultiAir (even though they have had it for less than a year). This engine technology is revolutionary and years ahead of other manufacturers - well done FPT.

If you are an Alfisti, a MiTo owner, a fan of Alfa or a Alfa owner of the future you must go and test drive the MiTo MultiAir and then you will all find out what we know.

On paper it is slower but all 155 drivers all say that it is quicker (except the upgraded 155's)

Regards
Mangoletsi

·
Registered
240 Posts
The 135 is 100% Absolutely, definately, positively, without doubt slower than the 155.

That is all.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The point is prove that is has

a) More power
b) More Torque
c) Quicker 0-60
d) Quicker Top Speed.

That is all.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The point is prove that is has

a) More power
b) More Torque
c) Quicker 0-60
d) Quicker Top Speed.

That is all.
more peak power and torque is irrelevant when it comes to acceleration. it's the average power output of the engine while accelerating that matters, not the peak values.
also there are so many other factors that effect it, such as gear change time and mass.

0-60 doesn't necessarily mean it's faster, as the gears could be set up to boost the 0-60 times but not anything else.

also "faster" doesn't always mean straight line acceleration, it could be better sprung and corner faster, etc..
Top speed is more governed by the gear ratios than the power as well, because if the rpms are not in their peak power during top speed, then it is gear-limited and not engine limited, hence why the 120bhp diesel goes faster than the 120bhp petrol

so i'm just being pedantic really.. ignore this post.

I'm getting really tired of seeing mangoletsi's ad on EVERY SINGLE thread. I have nothing against you advertising your shop in your own thread or maybe a few others, but to copy and paste the exact same message in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that even slightly mentions multiair, is just plain annoying. Any other member spamming the same message on multiple posts would probably have been banned by now, so why should you do it?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts