Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
That's my wedding day.

I will be arranging a gift registry with Alfa Romeo, please contact me via PM for details on how to contribute.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Muli Sorry to 'hyjack' this thread, but your message box is full. Have you got any advise on the below?

I've been reading a thread from '07 where you had a variator spring and seal fitted, rather than a whole new variator. Can you tell me how is it/was? Still ok or not a good idea?
I ask this as my mechanic has just got the spring etc for my 1.6TS. I live in the Czech Rep and the variators are expensive here to. Thanks John.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries.

To be honest, if i was to do it again I would replace the whole thing, as the sound is back. It was fine for a while, but it came back. However perhaps this would've happened if I replaced the whole variator anyway.

It was a lot cheaper to just replace the springs! So maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. But if I was to do it again i would replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I think the spring kit is in by now, so we'll go with that this time, see how long it lasts.
I'll get a variator from England (EBsapres) for next belt change!

Cheers. John

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
My Local Dealer would want me to travel through the heart of Melbourne to West Melbourne ,over 30 kms away from a south beach Suburb to look at one of these and at night (That is when the "presentation' is on).......This is because they have actually taken over my real nearest dealer. So Melbourne has only 2 independant Alfa dealers these days. :eek:
I might like Alfa Romeos..."still' but they are not that good these days that I would go out of my way at night,in the middle of winter to look at the Mito, even if I was going to buy one.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Alfa Romeo MiTo 3-dr hatch range - Alfa delivers its new baby - New Models

The MiTo has a number of European small and light-car rivals in addition to the Mini, of course, from the Fiat Punto T-Jet Sport, which shares the same engine and is priced from just $25,990, to the remarkably successful 147kW/280Nm 2.0-litre turbo VW Golf GTI at $38,990.

Other three-door European rivals include (in order of price) the 110kW/220Nm 1.8-litre turbo VW Polo GTI ($26,990), the 128kW/240Nm 1.6-litre turbo Peugeot 207 GTi ($34,490), the 125kW/230Nm 2.4-litre Volvo C30 ($34,950) and the 145kW/215Nm 2.0-litre Renault Clio RS197 ($37,990).

Five-door rivals include the 100kW/180Nm 2.0-litre BMW 118i ($38,900) and the 92kW/200Nm 1.4-litre turbo Audi A3 TFSI ($39,950).

·
Registered
58 Posts
The good news is that in two years time, they'll be some well looked after secondhand examples of the MiTo around $30K. There was a time when I wouldn't consider a secondhand Alfa, but the current quality makes it a genuine contender up against A3s and Coopers.

I noticed the other day that Robert Lane still has some Alfa stock. Surely there's a deal to be had there on a 147?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts