Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting the MiTo in SA in my opinion is both a good and a bad thing.

The good:

While at the GMS sitting in that leather sports seats of the MiTo I could'nt help but think that I NEED one.

The Bad:

Every other person is now going to drive a MiTo!

The fact of driving an Alfa is that only I get to drive an Alfa...not everyone else, other wise it's going to loose the special place it has in my heart...on the one side I want to MiTo to sell well, but then on the other side I'd hate to see what a previous Polo GTi or Corsa OPC and Mini Cooper S dricer would treat the MiTo like...

I don't want to think of that nightmare!:tut:

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
The truth is that it is Alfa's last stand in SA. It the Mito does not sell well, they will be pulling out, I suspect. Chatz are talking about 10 per month !!! Now that is still very low...

I like the looks of the Mito in the flesh, pictures do not do it justice. I want one too.
I was told that the one at GMS is the homologation model, It will be used for all kinds of tests and then get destroyed.... completely. :cry:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree. It definitely looks much, much better in real life. And bigger. :)

Yes, we need the Mito to be a commercial success, but I also understand what Guili is saying. It always upsets me when I see non-alfisti driving and abusing 156s and 147s.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
They must bring it here and it must sell well. We need all those crappy Mini drivers to rather want the Mito. Trust me on this.

If the Mito does not sell, then Good bye Alfa Romeo. I hear you Guilli, but we need this car to sell. The Brera is overpriced and slow, the GT is the same, the 147 is from the dark ages and the 159 is to luxury and again far to expensive.

Out of choice I would not buy one of the current Alfa Romeo's. I will wait for this Mito and then see. I reckon that the facelifted 156 was one of the best value for money cars.

I have honestly pondered on writing a letter to Alfa Romeo on there **** up that they have made.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL guys I did not realize its THAT serious!!!:cry:

It would be a sad day in SA if Alfa was to retract, think of all the jobs and worst still, our marque!!!

Where are we going to get parts?

I hope it goes well, the thing is they can't pitch the car's base price at R240 000...it's just not on!!! The base price compared to UK etc. is supposed to be at most R160 -180 000...taking into account the fluctuations and import and excise duties.

damn

·
Registered
459 Posts
:cry: The 230 000 Launch price is a lot of money for a rebadged punto as that is all the MiTo is as I saw a Punto on the road the other day and thought to myself ' Oh the MiTo is here" As an Alfisti who thought that and had ordered one ( order subsequently cancelled) what Hope is there for our marque. At the MPH show earlier this year , Clarkson did the COOL WALL and put the MiTO on the floor in the flesh and it the vote was overwhelmingly UNCOOL. Unfortunately Alfa has a history in SA as unreliable and expensive to maintain and Alfa themselves have done nothing since coming back to SA to change that perception WOE IS US.:( :( :(

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Apparently the MiTo is being launched officialy next month at Kyalami on Alfa day, the guy at arnold chatz said hes sold a few already

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's sold a few ALREADY??? WTF...the 1.4Tb's or the 1.6TB???

what the heck?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
He's sold a few ALREADY??? WTF...the 1.4Tb's or the 1.6TB???

what the heck?
The guy told me he sold about 8 already.. could just be sales talk.. Not sure if he meant hes delivered 8 or 8 have been ordered and payed for..

My mate has seen one on the roads though, he figured I wouldnt believe him so he took a pic

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
The guy told me he sold about 8 already.. could just be sales talk.. Not sure if he meant hes delivered 8 or 8 have been ordered and payed for..

My mate has seen one on the roads though, he figured I wouldnt believe him so he took a pic
I think maybe he meant he has an order for 8 already...? I would believe that.

There is a Mito in the country already, its here for homologation rules and the like. It must have been that one your mate had seen...?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No bru...there are tons of MiTo's in SA already!!!!

I've been in the Homologation model at the GMS

There are some in CT two black and one red...!!!:tut:

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Dont really like the MiTo TBH,looks a bit feminine IMHO more for women I think.. but the GTA on the otherhand thats a different story

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Mito is being launched in July with an open public day on 11th-venue to be advised.Arnold Chatz Cars has test drives on 19th and 20th of June.Tel 011-2522000

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Hi Derik

Thanks for the update. Its good to have some dealer representation on here as well !

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Gotta make good on my last post, AC hydepark has given me a 147 as a courtesy car, which is a nice car I must add.. Hopefully mine will be sorted out soon. Big ups to Andrew for the good customer service on his part!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
good customer service frm alfa ppl-times are chamging goodluck man

1 - 20 of 26 Posts