Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today and all of a sudden my heater stopped blowing apart from when it is set on the maximum setting (4). Could anybody tell me what the problem may be?! Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Likely to be a resistor pack, happens in other motors quite a lot, done one in my sisters KA and my missus dad's 528i!

If its still under warranty get them to do t, if not you'll find it'll be easy to do, it's probably under the dash and about 40 or 50 quid from motor factors. Probably the same part as a punto and Corsa!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have enough cooling water in the tank?

Heating stops working if there's insufficient water level in the cooling-tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heater issue

I had the same issue, gotta get it booked in to the dealer to fix under warranty, but I did find that flicking quickly between settings 2 & 3 brings it back - but it will go again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found that gently switching between 3 & 4 solves the problem for now. The car is out of warranty so I'm going to persist with it while it still kind of works. Could it be the switch/dial or is it most than likely the heater resistor?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I found that gently switching between 3 & 4 solves the problem for now. The car is out of warranty so I'm going to persist with it while it still kind of works. Could it be the switch/dial or is it most than likely the heater resistor?
I would say the switch. maybe just need to clean the contacts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Resistor pack location

Part no for resister should be 55702407 approx £20 - £25.
Does anyone know where the resistor pack is located in the car? I can't find it and it's driving me bonkers!

My blower only works on 4 and the noise is getting on my nerves.

Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had a good look, the motor is located behind the glove box. I couldn't see it there. I've also looked behind the rotating knob that controls the motor speed, couldn't find it there either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Problem fixed replacing the resistor pack

As tudge1980 I had the same symptom, the heater fan was working only at speed 4.
Since I did struggle to locate the resistor pack and to replace it I want to add a few pictures and instructions hoping to make it easier for other AlfaOwners .
The resistor pack (pic2) is located right at the end of the passenger footwell beneath the glove box (pic 1) To replace it you have to unclip it at the blue arrows and slide left (as indicate by the red arrow) pic3 and pull down.
FYI I have found the resistor pack on Ebay for 13 quid.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heater Resistor Instuctions

As tudge1980 I had the same symptom, the heater fan was working only at speed 4.
Since I did struggle to locate the resistor pack and to replace it I want to add a few pictures and instructions hoping to make it easier for other AlfaOwners .
The resistor pack (pic2) is located right at the end of the passenger footwell beneath the glove box (pic 1) To replace it you have to unclip it at the blue arrows and slide left (as indicate by the red arrow) pic3 and pull down.
Thanks for this post, very useful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the pictures! Helped me out a lot!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts