Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I recently decided that I'm going to change the look of my Mito QV a little bit and one of the things I'm looking to change is the carbon fibre headlight/taillight surrounds and mirror covers that were on the car when I bought it. I want to go for the dark grey, sort of coloured ones rather than the chrome ones.

Now, I've managed to find the wing mirror covers quite easily online and have bought a set, however, I can't seem to find the light surrounds anywhere! I've searched online and through breakers yards, I managed to find the ones I'd want at a breakers but he would only sell the whole light unit complete... And I don't fancy buying 4 new lights just to get the surrounds off of them.

Hoping that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction, or even be selling some!

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Carbon fibre items like those aren't standard for the Mito in any trim (as far as I know) - might be worth seeing if it's a wrap as underneath could be the dark grey 'originals'. It's easy enough to get the wing mirrors off for a start just to see if it's genuine CF or not: just an idea!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carbon fibre items like those aren't standard for the Mito in any trim (as far as I know) - might be worth seeing if it's a wrap as underneath could be the dark grey 'originals'. It's easy enough to get the wing mirrors off for a start just to see if it's genuine CF or not: just an idea!
I'm going to double check today but I think it is genuine carbon fibre. The car was used as Monza Sports demo car when they released their "Carbonio" package.
I've also had a look on their website for the originals but can't seem to find them :(

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,357 Posts
I managed to find the ones I'd want at a breakers but he would only sell the whole light unit complete...
The muppets do realise that the surrounds are completely separate to the light units?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to double check today but I think it is genuine carbon fibre. The car was used as Monza Sports demo car when they released their "Carbonio" package.
I've also had a look on their website for the originals but can't seem to find them

Can´t understand why you want to change this, they are brilliant and veeery expensive: Alfa Parts And Accessories, Ashington West Sussex | Monza Sports Tuning Ltd
I wanted to change them because they're looking old and tacky just now (stone chips, scrapes, etc). However I'm considering just getting them repaired now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts