Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My bro's 2009 Mito Distinctive (114 kw TB) has blown a headlamp. :cry:
I'm gonna get a quote from a dealer to replace it on Monday, but I thought it might be a good opportunity to replace the bulbs with "whiter" or Xenon style bulbs.
The car does have projector lenses already, but doesn't have a self leveling system, so proper xenons are out, just looking for something a little brighter.

1.) Which bulbs should I get?
2.) Do I need adaptors or any accessories to make it fit?
3.) Where can I get them? (I'm in PTA)
4.) Should I just be sticking with OEM goods?

Thanks in advance...
PS: hoping to use his car as a guinie pig, if the bulbs look good i'll do the same to the giulietta.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've gone for Phillips night breaker plus on my bakkie and they are great. no adapters just swap your existing bulbs with the Phillips

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Ysman The only true way of getting reliable lighting is to build in a relay on the dims and bright beams. The problems on the newer instead of older cars is the thickness of wires. The newer wires seem not being able to handle the higher current stronger wattage globes need and tend to perish due to heat.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I once bought such bulbs, but they had less lumens than the OEM!
I for one am not convinced.

:confused:
Fair enough... Maybe the Mitsu OEM bulbs are rubbish but my personal experience is that they made a significant difference which was confirmed by two fellow triton drivers.

Not sure on mito bulbs so may be a different case

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello

I have the philips h7 diamond vision, and they have a excelent xenon cool look.

If you want i can post some photos.

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello

Sorry for the delay ;(

I changed the DRLs and the main beam with the following items:
DRLs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300649050767
note: (These lamps are a bit blue for me, but I have not found DRL's white!)

Main Beam
Philips Diamond Vision H7 (Twin Pack) | Car Bulbs Direct
note: the color of these lamps seem perfectly xenon bulbs. I'm very happy with them.

In album below you can see the difference between the original DRL / Main beam bulbs replaced with and vice versa
Album

Sincerely,
Gustavo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts