Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the person who specced my car went for Xenons. I didn't like that, but the price for the car was good, and there were loads of other options too!

After the self-levelling gave up, I realised how right I was to not like xenons.
Now, my thoughts are reaffirmed! The headlamp washer covers are falling off.:mad:

My dad's old (04) Fiat Ulysses had exactly the same thing happen, and I don't want two massive holes in the front of my car.

My local dealer's buggered off another 20-odd miles away (50-ish mile trek now), so It's too far for me to be bothered to travel. This is why I'd rather do it myself if possible. Is there an easy way to fix them?

Sidenote...
I might trade it in for (individual) spare pieces and get a new Kia Rio...
- I say quite often... Then I see it's beautiful Black-to-Red mouse-like face and I know I wouldn't ever do that.
That'd be like trading in Keira Knightley for Renee Zellweger.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well that's not very good, especially since speccing the xenon's cost like £800+! If you don't want to travel that far, why don't you find a good local garage and see if they can fix it for you?
How are the xenon's on the Mito anyway? Do they produce good light? :)

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
You need to manually lift the mechanism up before you try to clip the cover plate back on otherwise they will only fall off again!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The xenons themselves are great, the light is bright and clear and they look good.
The previous problem was that they have self-levelling (no manual adjustment) and the sensors corroded and the lights pointed at the ground about 8' in front of the car.

The washer covers haven't actually fallen off (yet!) but they are very wobbly and now sit with about a 3mm gap behind them and the bumper.

I would go to a local garage, but it's still (just) under warranty and I don't want to pay £50 (or so) per hour for just labour I could do myself.

I'll try to get under the bonnet to the back of them when I get a chance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neither of my "local" dealers fancied collecting my car - Suprise, suprise!

But when I called today about my headlamp washers not working, I thought it was quite funny that he asked "Is there anything else?" - Of course there is, it's an Alfa!

So he said they'll sort the washers and also have a look at the electrics and let me know if it's the car or the Pioneer Headunit that's given up. I can then decide where to go from there :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's probably related to the frosty weather. The same reason most of the BM's have holy bumpers in my work carpark:lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to the garage today, it had a split hose and a blown fuse.
The nozzle needs to be replaced, so until the part comes in from Italy, the cover is hanging off.

It's all (kind-of) sorted!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts