Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Alfa Romeo Mito T-Jet
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anybody that knows where i could find a bodykit that resembles the original GTA design, other than the MM one. So far I found body kits/parts from Cadamuro and MM and nice looking front splitter from maxton design. If there's someone out there who knows anything similar ( but not chavvy) to the GTA concept and it's willing to post it here i would be gratefull.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It might be usefull to list what specific parts you've found.

Personally i think the sides and rear are easy, i know cadamuro has the spoiler above/below the rear window, the rear diffuser has plenty of options, and side skirts shouldnt be hard. I know the small vents in the wings used to be a thing, but i cant find them anywhere anymore.

FWIW, ive contemplated moving the alfa badge to this position on the stock bumper as well, put it on the bumper itself above the scudetto, then replace the chrome bars with black honeycomb mesh and that should look cool too. But that isnt quite close to a GTA front.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I see the concept's bonnet seems to have a raised section on the driver's side of the car. Would you be looking to duplicate that as well? (Just asking !)

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
very odd. Hadn’t noticed that before.

·
Registered
285 Posts
very odd. Hadn’t noticed that before.
I have a bit of a reputation here and there for homing in on things like that 🙃 !

If someone's in the business of doing CF bonnets for MiToes (never thought about the plural of MiTo before. But I like MiToes as a possible), then a modified CF clone bonnet would address the driverside bonnet bulge. Tacking something on to the production steel item is not going to look good IMO.

I rather fancy the concept's Alcantara-clad dash ... ever since my Integrale with Alcantara seats and steering wheel, I have had a fondness for it ...

Paul

·
Registered
289 Posts
What is the bulge even supposed to be for? Looks like it’s just right at the back of the bonnet, I can’t even think what purpose it could serve other than looking a bit weird. Unless they hid some extra gauges under it like an old 70s yank muscle car.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What is the bulge even supposed to be for? Looks like it’s just right at the back of the bonnet, I can’t even think what purpose it could serve other than looking a bit weird. Unless they hid some extra gauges under it like an old 70s yank muscle car.
My guess would be extra space for engine bits, the GTA was supposed to have the 1750TBi engine, and with modern laws governing how much space there is between the hood and underlying hard bits (pedestrian impact safety etc..), i can totally see the bulge being needed to fit that engine in there, the mito engine bay isnt a roomy affair.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My guess would be extra space for engine bits, the GTA was supposed to have the 1750TBi engine, and with modern laws governing how much space there is between the hood and underlying hard bits (pedestrian impact safety etc..), i can totally see the bulge being needed to fit that engine in there, the mito engine bay isnt a roomy affair.
I suspect it's far more a "styling" thang .... it appears to be mostly to the very rear of the bonnet. @Harry_p 's suggestion may have something going for it. Unless there's a bizarrely-mounted intercooler or "magic widget" of sorts, I can't come up with a sensible bit of metallic hardness which would warrant a bulge there - there's no Eaton blower or similar stuffed under there (is there?).

I'm voting "styling affectation" ... 🙃

1 - 9 of 9 Posts