Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on here last week regarding the change from Mito to the G 170JTDM Veloce, [should i ?] well i have!:inlove:
Had her since Sat' but due to weather [sno] have not been out much, only done about 200mls so far but WOW what a drive, and really do like the Diesel engine, so much torque and do not find noisy even when cold.
D mode is something to behold! will not be using that much in these conditions, Mito was nothing like this in D but then we had the older engine in that.
Too early for me to give a proper account of the Car at mo' but first impressions are; fit/finish superb, cabin is just sublime[all black], engine -POWER! mpg at mo' ave40 local mainly and lot's of cold starts [ex Alfa owned 8400mls] i am sure that will improve as i get used to her and should really come into her own on a long trip.
Again many thanks for the help re' my other post. Yes we do miss our Mito it will always be special + if i could afford it would have one of each!:thumbs:

·
Registered
760 Posts
What Mito did you have before?

He had 120TB, so big(ish) jump in power to 170mjet. diesel's are known for having alot more torque, which sometimes gives the impression your going faster than you are because they push you back into your seat. When you get her going in gear acceleration is blistering in most diesels. Glad your happy, heard good things about the 170mjet engine. A possible choice for myself in the future if I change jobs and are required to commute more miles.

The guiletta is a beauty, are the brembo's standard fit on that model?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What Mito did you have before?
Hi soz for delay. Yes woody is right in saying we had the 120 09 model, not saying it didn't shift but these Mutiair engines are just on another level re' power.
Test drove a 140 ma G which just shot forward when i put in D mode, i could not believe the surge of power:wow: Had not really planned on the Diesel especially the 170 as we don't do a lot of miles but; it was the only G we could get [used 8400mls/8 months old] in Anthracite Grey Veloce spec, + it had a few extras on it.
Early day's yet on the Diesel front but so far very happy.:thumbs:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He had 120TB, so big(ish) jump in power to 170mjet. diesel's are known for having alot more torque, which sometimes gives the impression your going faster than you are because they push you back into your seat. When you get her going in gear acceleration is blistering in most diesels. Glad your happy, heard good things about the 170mjet engine. A possible choice for myself in the future if I change jobs and are required to commute more miles.

The guiletta is a beauty, are the brembo's standard fit on that model?
Ta woody. They are an extra [£360]? i think but our Veloce [used] came with them + parking sensors + heated washers +. I was not expecting those wheels, [we had not seen car b4 we bought] and they were not mentioned in the sales pitch. Salesman later said he thought they had to put 18" on to accommodate the Brembo'? not too sure but a nice surprise!:thumbs:
Not done many miles yet and looking forward to a long run, Diesel noise is NOT a problem and love the extra Torque! We still Love the Mito and if i could would gladly own both Mito + G, Missus has not driven the G yet!:thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ta woody. They are an extra [£360]? i think but our Veloce [used] came with them + parking sensors + heated washers +. I was not expecting those wheels, [we had not seen car b4 we bought] and they were not mentioned in the sales pitch. Salesman later said he thought they had to put 18" on to accommodate the Brembo'? not too sure but a nice surprise!:thumbs:
Not done many miles yet and looking forward to a long run, Diesel noise is NOT a problem and love the extra Torque! We still Love the Mito and if i could would gladly own both Mito + G, Missus has not driven the G yet!:thumbs:

Brembo brakes can still fit behind the 17" Turbine alloys and can be specced without opting for a wheel upgrade, even if they are a bit tight. To find the 18" Sports Multi Spoke alloys must have been a nice surprise. The brakes are well worth the money in my opinion. The standard brakes are anything but lazy but to spend only £360 to upgrade to 4 piston Brembo brakes is a must in my eyes, especially with larger wheels.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your new car, 360 for Brembo upgrade is a steal when you consider what they charge for other options.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes agree fully; £360 is a good price and perhaps i better keep quiet about the wheels!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you are enjoying your new car, 360 for Brembo upgrade is a steal when you consider what they charge for other options.
:thumbs:Many Thanks Yes i am sure Alfa will soon be changing the price on these items. Wish other options were as keenly priced! :)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hi soz for delay. Yes woody is right in saying we had the 120 09 model, not saying it didn't shift but these Mutiair engines are just on another level re' power.
Test drove a 140 ma G which just shot forward when i put in D mode, i could not believe the surge of power:wow: Had not really planned on the Diesel especially the 170 as we don't do a lot of miles but; it was the only G we could get [used 8400mls/8 months old] in Anthracite Grey Veloce spec, + it had a few extras on it.
Early day's yet on the Diesel front but so far very happy.:thumbs:
The diesel engines are MultiJet not MultiAir - they don't have the same sort of valve gear as the petrols.

You will certainly come to enjoy the mid range pull of the diesel - have fun

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The diesel engines are MultiJet not MultiAir - they don't have the same sort of valve gear as the petrols.

You will certainly come to enjoy the mid range pull of the diesel - have fun
Yes you are quite right thanks for that,[get mixed up at best of times]. We test drove an Ma' which was superb and would have been my choice if we could get hold of one,[bought ours used].
The Diesel 170 is a little big for us but yes the Torque is nice, my first diesel and i am so far very pleased. Took my Son out in it yesterday [petrol head] and his mate who is a mechanic, they were blown away by D mode and the engine/Giulietta in general. His mate is seriously thinking about an Alfa now.:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts