Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK forgive me if this is a stupid question but it is something that I've been wondering about. Would you say that the Mito is a girl's car, or one for the lads? I'm as yet undecided and would like to say it's a man's car, but I can't help but think it looks a bit cute and girly. Kudos to my friend who's a girl for saying that it's a man's car, but that's because she sees Alfa Romeos as being bloke's motors. I dunno, I don't mind either way, I just wondered what others thought.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I always think that you tell someone you drive an Alfa Romeo, they think you are a man. You show them a MiTo, they think you are a little girl :(

·
Registered
198 Posts
No debate, it's unisex :rant:
Yeah, much like most cars. I mean, there are not so many cars in serial production you would immediately classify as women's cars or men's cars, are there? There are dull cars, sad cars, ugly cars, nice cars, sporty cars, classy cars, beautiful cars, and scary cars, but are there ones about which you can say this is just for for women, or this is exclusively for men?

It's true extremely powerful cars are often associated with males, primarily because the sad gits are trying to compensate their lack in certain department.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Unisex

Morning Jon:thumbs:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Another thread about whether or not the MiTo is a girl's or a boy's car - not seen one of them for while :lol:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Baby Face,

You've got the cutest little baby face,

There's not another who could take your place,

Baby face,

You sure have started somethin'

My heart is really thumpin'! Etc..... Nuff said?:D

·
Registered
694 Posts
It's girly in the context of the Alfa range but not in the context of small hatches. Though most people would argue the very concept of a small hatch is girly.
I'd rather have a girly Alfa than a kill-me-now dull Corsa, etc.

G

·
I think it leans more towards the female demographic who seem to have taken to it perhaps more than they have other modern day Alfas.

Having said that, I wouldn't say a male would be out of place driving one.

Either way, it's definintely a very striking design. Saw one the other day in a sea of traffic and it really stood out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Couldn't care less!

It's girly in the context of the Alfa range but not in the context of small hatches. Though most people would argue the very concept of a small hatch is girly.
I'd rather have a girly Alfa than a kill-me-now dull Corsa, etc.
As a Corsa was one of the other cars I was looking at, this statement stood out for me. What's wrong with girls liking the Mito? A few have even struck up conversations with me because of it - never happened with my Fiesta.

As for girly cars....Mini anyone?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts