Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that when I change from 1st to 2nd gear it seems a bit crunchy,yes I am pressing the clutch fully down, but this only seems to happen between these two gears,has anyone else experienced this and is it a fault or do I need to run my Mito in more as it has only done 770 miles?:confused:

·
Registered
144 Posts
3200 miles on mine and the change from 1st to 2nd is in no way smooth compared to the rest of the changes. As you say, seems a bit crunchy! :confused: Changing down from 3rd to 2nd seems ok tho.

I had been contemplating mentioning this myself but you beat me to it! :lol:

Not mentioned it to the dealer yet, was waiting to see if it eased but looking like i'll mention it at some point soon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No probs so far but then I haven't done many miles, I'll let you know as I am doing more miles if I am developing this problem,

good luck to you both knox007 and Chip72,
J.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also noticed that the gearchange gbetween 1st and 2nd is not as smood as the others. Probably normal i think ...

·
Registered
702 Posts
I notice that when I change from 1st to 2nd gear it seems a bit crunchy,yes I am pressing the clutch fully down, but this only seems to happen between these two gears,has anyone else experienced this and is it a fault or do I need to run my Mito in more as it has only done 770 miles?:confused:
I've only has my Mito 3 days but my change doesn’t seem to be that smooth either. I thought it was just how the gear box was designed, but haven’t taken note if it was just from gears 1 to 2. I’ll have a test tonight :thumbs:

·
Registered
79 Posts
More guys experience this ? It seems that only the 2nd gear has this , i have it from 1st to 2nd and sometimes also when i gear from 3-2

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
maybe you are changing gear too fast or aggressively, the gearbox can't change gear faster than the mechanical parts allow it to.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I've noticed that sometimes when I set off in 1st and go into 2nd - it takes 2 attempts to slot it into gear - doesn't happen often and it's not spoilt my opinion on the ride of the car. Just got to alter my gear-change maybe

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I've noticed that sometimes when I set off in 1st and go into 2nd - it takes 2 attempts to slot it into gear - doesn't happen often and it's not spoilt my opinion on the ride of the car. Just got to alter my gear-change maybe
same happens with my old car, and with any other car, you just have to get used to it...

·
Registered
79 Posts
maybe you are changing gear too fast or aggressively, the gearbox can't change gear faster than the mechanical parts allow it to.
I understand but i just gear normally , it feels sometimes a bit crunchy and hard to get into gear. The other gears are no problem.

B

·
0 Posts
400 miles on mine so far and the box is slick, quite impressed to be honest, it feels quite refined and there's certainly no crunching here!

B

·
0 Posts
Okay then, well you can't hear anything, or feel anything through the clutch pedal or the stick. i.e. it's not notchy or crunchy in mine. i.e. the gearbox in mine is very slick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts