Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my first problem with my 3 week old Mito today.
Driving along quite happily on a nearly full tank of fuel when the low fuel warning sounded and the gauge was on empty. Panic, I thought someone some how had nicked my fuel in a car park. Stopped at the next convenient place I could turned off the ignition and wondered how I was going to make it to the nearest filling station.
After a few minutes turned the ignition back on again and the gauge went back to nearly full again. Panic over.
Spoken to Alfa dealer in Canterbury, they said monitor it and if it happens again they'll check it out for me.
Any other MiTo owners had this problem ????

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Not had that one :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just another idiosynchrasy of the 'Alfa Owner Experience'

Always try the 'PDPU' before you panic and look foolish :lol:

PDPU = Power Down (Switch off) give it a minute then
Power Up (Switch back on)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The range indicator on mine shows about 88 miles usually when the beep goes off and the orange light on but still shows a couple of segments on the gauge. Alarmingly, it then tends to jump from a range of c.80 miles to nil immediately - but still with at least a segment showing. I have braved 50 miles so far with an indicated range of zero!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The range on my Mito goes to zero as soon as the orange warning light comes on although there must be a good few miles in the tank I'm not brave enough to test it too much. I actually wondered whether it was a fault to not identify the range so it is interesting to know others do that too but rather annoying...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had my first problem with my 3 week old Mito today.
Driving along quite happily on a nearly full tank of fuel when the low fuel warning sounded and the gauge was on empty. Panic, I thought someone some how had nicked my fuel in a car park. Stopped at the next convenient place I could turned off the ignition and wondered how I was going to make it to the nearest filling station.
After a few minutes turned the ignition back on again and the gauge went back to nearly full again. Panic over.
Spoken to Alfa dealer in Canterbury, they said monitor it and if it happens again they'll check it out for me.
Any other MiTo owners had this problem ????
I have the same problem. Even if the tank is full to the rim it shows with one division less. I have phoned the Alfa dealer and they said it can be fixed in no time. It's something with the sensor inside the fuell tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts