Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder when Alfa will finally conclude their "evaluation" of their solution to the problems with the MiTo in freezing weather? Are they pinning there hopes on global warming or just waiting until the summer when the weather should be a bit milder and the problem wil then go away? Considering that the MiTo was on sale in Italy in late 2008 and would have already endured a cold winter before it came to the UK it's surprising that Alfa have only just "recognised" that there is a problem.
How long does it take to watch water dripping from a piece of pipe to see if it lands on the alternator?

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
in the words of the immortal ARUK "we know nothing"...in an italian accent:rolleyes:

Y

·
0 Posts
I rang my dealer to say the fan belt was squeaking at tick over and they said it was a 'known problem' and subsequently added a new drain pipe, belt and tensioner. He said that they had reports of alternators being frozen and that I was lucky it was only a tensioner.

Seems like me dealers knew all about the problem and have had several cars generating problems because of tje cold and wet weather.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
they are the first ones to admit it then...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had my Mito in for this problem amongst others last monday and apparently the fix for this is for the drainage pipes on either side to be swapped over as they point in different directions.

Apparently this was carried out but I don't really know what they looked like beforehand to say for definite if it was or they were just filling me full of the brown stuff?????

·
Registered
Brera 2.0 JTDm
1,343 Posts
That's the quick fix the final fix is a new bendy drain fitted to the drivers side rather than just swap them over, dealers are getting them in now so best give them a ring and pop back for the new bit or it just means water runs onto he ABS system instead

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
hmmmm troll for breakfast

you are being watched my boy :thundermad::evillaugh:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Trollboy

Watching you eyes_1.gif

·
0 Posts
Sorry Mito owners for the hijack :eek: - someone chose to mess with the NW region :elaugh:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
we forgive you huggy:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts