Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MiTo 120bhp Veloce in Alfa Red finally arrived yesterday after 8 weeks on order. Drove 100 miles yesterday so can offer my comments so far.
After reading reports I was expecting the N (normal) dna setting to be a dull and lifeless drive. But it wasn't. The performance was good and the acceleration powers up when needed.

However just a few niggles.

Niggle 1. The speedo. I would have liked 30, 50 and 70 digits on the dial. Also the digits need to be a bit larger. I drive in Europe several times a year so the kph digits are important. But why are they so small and in red. Very difficult to see.

Niggle 2. I have a red fascia and it looks fantastic but in sunny conditions it reflects badly in windscreen.

Niggle 3. The rear window is far to small. Regret not having the parking sensors option.

However I can forgive these little niggles as the car is stunning looker. My neighbours all came out to admire it. My previous Mazda 3 never had that effect.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Niggle 2. I have a red fascia and it looks fantastic but in sunny conditions it reflects badly in windscreen.
I also have the red fascia and hadn't really noticed a problem. So yesterday, in bright sunshine, I looked hard, focussed on the screen and yes could just about make out a reflection. It was not however any more distracting than the reflection from the black surround to the red fascia, which was just as visible.

Also, when I focussed back on the road rather than the glass, it 'disappeared'.

I wouldn't let fears of reflections put anyone off the coloured fascia - they really liven the interior up from the normal monotony of black/grey.

Incidentally, I have heard a few people mention they have opted for the red - anyone chosen the blue? Any pics?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts