Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently passed my driving test (I did take my time, being 23years old, faultless test though ;) ) and the Mito I am pretty much set on (just the small matter of a 2k deposit but let's not dwell on that.)

I have only looked into the representative finance deals (PCP) but using them as a solid basis for planning, I believe I will be limited to the 1.4L MultiAir Sprint (105bhp) to stay below the £200 monthly budget (car only) that I have set myself (taking into account the 15% discount I luckily have access too through a family member AND the, what I consider to be, 'must-have' options (i.e. Bose Stereo + Leather + 17/18" rims)

Whether I can look at the 135bhp Distinctive, I'm not sure, but I suppose the more I spend the more that 15% discount is worth! :tut:

I would appreciate any advice and experiences in buying your Mito. Driving experience, potential pitfalls, recommended options, great deals/plans, knowledgable dealers etc.

Thanks in advance
Paddy

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Hello Paddy and welcome to the world of AO :D

Sounds like you're heading for a very good first car lad :thumbs:

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
The residual value on the car with a PCP does not really reflect the options added when new thus giving you a greater loss to cover per month . The leather could end up costing you a disproportionate amount each month unless you intend to keep the car at the end of the term. Have fun with your first car and hope the insurance is not too much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The residual value on the car with a PCP does not really reflect the options added when new thus giving you a greater loss to cover per month . The leather could end up costing you a disproportionate amount each month unless you intend to keep the car at the end of the term. Have fun with your first car and hope the insurance is not too much!
Thanks cue2.

This is something I need to look at, whether or not it will be worth me paying the final sum, moving onto a similar plan on the latest model or a different route entirely.

I was a little blasé by including leather in the 'must-have' options. At almost a grand extra, it might not be worth it...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi all,

I recently passed my driving test (I did take my time, being 23years old, faultless test though ;) ) and the Mito I am pretty much set on (just the small matter of a 2k deposit but let's not dwell on that.)

I have only looked into the representative finance deals (PCP) but using them as a solid basis for planning, I believe I will be limited to the 1.4L MultiAir Sprint (105bhp) to stay below the £200 monthly budget (car only) that I have set myself (taking into account the 15% discount I luckily have access too through a family member AND the, what I consider to be, 'must-have' options (i.e. Bose Stereo + Leather + 17/18" rims)

Whether I can look at the 135bhp Distinctive, I'm not sure, but I suppose the more I spend the more that 15% discount is worth! :tut:

I would appreciate any advice and experiences in buying your Mito. Driving experience, potential pitfalls, recommended options, great deals/plans, knowledgable dealers etc.

Thanks in advance
Paddy
How about insurance costs - you're 23 so I imagine it's a bit cheaper but not sure how prejudiced they are against first time drivers at that age? Would be curious to know if you could care to comment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about insurance costs - you're 23 so I imagine it's a bit cheaper but not sure how prejudiced they are against first time drivers at that age? Would be curious to know if you could care to comment.
Some initial quotes on MoneySuperMarket.com for the 105bhp range from £1400 upwards.

The Distinctive 135bhp is coming in at £1750+.

I'm actually 24 (my birthday last week so I forget) and I hear 25 is an age at which insurance does noticeably decrease. So fingers crossed one years no claims and this threshold helps me out.

Also, these quotes don't differ much from others for 10 year old Punto's and 206's! I suppose they are as worried about what I'd be crashing into as much as what I'm driving...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im 22 first car and similar situation to u and my best quote for my 155TB veloce was 1000. I ended up paying 600...
Hi Marty

£1000 is impressive! I have only got some initial online quotes but as you can see above, coming in at £1400+ (105bhp Sprint) and £1700+ (135hp Distinctive).

That's based on:

Car on a drive
Less that 9,000 miles per year
social and business commute (office parking)

Any tips or recommended insurance companies would be appreciated. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts