Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter who fell in love with the Mito, has had a rude awakening to Alfa ownership.
Her 59 Mito has just experienced an exploding gearbox, which fortunately was covered by warrante from Perry's in Amersham. Never been over impressed with them from the day we bought the car, but that is another story.

Anyway a new gearbox has been fitted and it is proving a tad tricky to put the car into reverse, is this just down to wearing in the new gearbox, or something we should have looked at again...soon!

Is there any obligation under the warranty to fit genuine Alfa parts by the way?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
My daughter who fell in love with the Mito, has had a rude awakening to Alfa ownership.
Her 59 Mito has just experienced an exploding gearbox, which fortunately was covered by warrante from Perry's in Amersham. Never been over impressed with them from the day we bought the car, but that is another story.

Anyway a new gearbox has been fitted and it is proving a tad tricky to put the car into reverse, is this just down to wearing in the new gearbox, or something we should have looked at again...soon!

Is there any obligation under the warranty to fit genuine Alfa parts by the way?
Alfa dealers should ONLY fit Genuine parts.

If you and your daughter are not happy with reverse selection, take it back.

·
Registered
209 Posts
take it back. i had this issue it went in to be fixed still did it went in again still happened then they didn't seal the box properly and it ended up them giving me another car for free and as far as i know the gearbox and clutch was replaced after they had it back the car had only done 12000 miles!!! a friday afternoon car i believe. The second mito i had was absolutely brilliant 135 Multi air and not one little problem at all!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts