Sounds like a Saturday to meAdvice much appreciated, so thank you for your time!
Will keep the thread posted on how well it goes, but probably won't be tackling this for another week or so.
I can see the future...and it involves a lot of swearing, many cuts, some broken plastic, and much regret
I have added some photos.I meant to make a howto post about this but never got around to it..
off the top of my head:
I started by unhooking the top of the door card and then working my way down the hinge edge with a lever - suggest a platic one as I definately marked the paint in a couple of places
- Remove the small cover at the back of the inner door handle (the one that opens the door) and unbolt (allen bolt) the bolt inside
- Remove the cover off the door handle (the one that you grab to close the door) and unbolt the two (i think) bolts - I ended up buying a replacement for this as I think it is impossible to get off without breaking two of the clips on it (£8 from Autolusso)
- Remove the two screws by the door latch (on the side of the door)
- Remove the small cover up by the door mirror
- The cover is now only held on by all the clips - they run from the mirror down and along the bottom and are a pain
- The cover is also 'hooked' over the top of the door and into the window gap