Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the drivers door has been sticking on me lately to the extent that some days i have to get in through the passenger door. it started with the cold weather which is understandable then stopped but the last couple of days it is doing it again despite being quite mild. anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I get this problem as well,although I have always been able to open the drivers door,the handle I find gets very stiff to open on cold wet days,when it is warm and dry it seems to be fine.I need to visit the dealers but just haven't had the time to get there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i get same with passenger side. Same, need 2 take to the dealers.

Same passenger side door handle always been sticking but I haven't noticed getting any worse because of the weather. Never thought of asking to our dealer but might do now that she will be taken in for 2 days.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Same passenger side door handle always been sticking but I haven't noticed getting any worse because of the weather. Never thought of asking to our dealer but might do now that she will be taken in for 2 days.
my passenger side sticks too...its the glass sticking to the rubber....have siliconed it and it seems ok

·
Registered
67 Posts
my passenger side sticks too...its the glass sticking to the rubber....have siliconed it and it seems ok
Interesting, I thought something might be wrong with handle bar as when you pull it almost feels the car is locked but it actually isn't. so kinda need to give it a good pull then opens fine.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Interesting, I thought something might be wrong with handle bar as when you pull it almost feels the car is locked but it actually isn't. so kinda need to give it a good pull then opens fine.
yea thats what mine does but when i looked at it the glass was stuck to the rubber.....as i dint have passengers very often it was my mate who spotted it...the window wouldnt go back up either unless i pressed the button for it to fully close...it seems ok again now as i siliconed it.:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
the drivers door has been sticking on me lately to the extent that some days i have to get in through the passenger door. it started with the cold weather which is understandable then stopped but the last couple of days it is doing it again despite being quite mild. anyone else had this problem.
Had this problem when we first had car, my Wife could not get out [drivers door] same problem getting in. Had it sorted whilst it was in for other repairs. However i have noticed that both door handles seem stiff again, will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, i had this problem with my door handles,they were hard to open from outside and inside.. Especially now in The winter.. My local alfa dealer lubricated them today free of charge, now they are like new:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts