Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! Does anyone know what the bulb type is for the Mito's Headlamps? (the full set, Dipped/Full Beam/ Sidelight & Indicator?)
I'm plannin to buy some new bulbs for it once it arrives.
Many Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dipped -H7
Full Beam -H7
Front indicator -WY21W
Rear indicator -P21W
side indicator -W5W
Dayligts and front position -W21/5W
Rear position -LED unchangeable
Number plate, door ilumination, boot lighting -W5W
Rear fog and reverse light -P21W

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent! Thanks!!!
COuld i just ask wht the daylights and front position is? Im assuming they're the sidelights?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Front Position are the Side Lights (in combination with the Rear Position lamps) and the Daytime Running Lamps are a new class of lamp that will become mandatory from 2011. You may have seen Volvos that appear to be driving around with their headlights on during the day, that is what they are. They were originally developed for countries in high northern latitudes, where full daylight is limited, to provided greater visibility during the daylight hours. This has now been forced upon us all by the wonderful EU so that even countries on equatorial latitudes must have them and the associated reduced fuel economy that they bring.
Motorcyclists are most concerned about this as they will now blend into the background amidst a sea of lights during the day. Many are predicting an increase in the number of accidents involving cars & bikes!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone! Does anyone know what the bulb type is for the Mito's Headlamps? (the full set, Dipped/Full Beam/ Sidelight & Indicator?)
I'm plannin to buy some new bulbs for it once it arrives.
Many Thanks!
I asked my dealer how much the spare bulb kits were (sad I know but I always like the dinky presentation boxes they come in!), he said they are covered for 2 years under warranty......

·
Registered
179 Posts
Motorcyclists are most concerned about this as they will now blend into the background amidst a sea of lights during the day. Many are predicting an increase in the number of accidents involving cars & bikes!!
Indeed - quite easy to pick us out at the moment cos all new bikes for the last 7 or so years have the dipped lamps come on with igniton. Not gonne be good new when the whole road is lit up like Christmas tree :(

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
come 2011 no doubt when riding my motorbike some new rule will come along like having to have a flashing lamp on my helmet or something......at least the MiTo currenly gives a choice to switch the daylights off unlike a Volvo

·
0 Posts
Front Position are the Side Lights (in combination with the Rear Position lamps) and the Daytime Running Lamps are a new class of lamp that will become mandatory from 2011. You may have seen Volvos that appear to be driving around with their headlights on during the day, that is what they are. They were originally developed for countries in high northern latitudes, where full daylight is limited, to provided greater visibility during the daylight hours. This has now been forced upon us all by the wonderful EU so that even countries on equatorial latitudes must have them and the associated reduced fuel economy that they bring.

Not heard of this TBH :eek: - why can't these Euro-idiots see the 'big picture' ? :confused:

B

·
0 Posts
+1 for the above comment, DRL are really pointless on cars in most cars. I think if there was something worth introducing on cars for lights it would be light sensors so at least it would stop the idiots driving without lights at night and at least let vulnerable road users such as bikers keep with the current standard of always running with lights on during the day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dipped -H7
Full Beam -H7
Front indicator -WY21W
Rear indicator -P21W
side indicator -W5W
Dayligts and front position -W21/5W
Rear position -LED unchangeable
Number plate, door ilumination, boot lighting -W5W
Rear fog and reverse light -P21W
that is okey but who is know front fog bulb type?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts