Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

After my test drive today I have decided to place my order for a Mito 1.4l 95bhp Veloce on Tuesday.

I had my heart set on the Seat Ibiza SC 1.6 diesel but after my test drive today in the Mito I was won over :lol: , I have seen this car twice last week and had to go and have a look, found myself spending 5hrs on the website yesterday reading the specs, but the looks was what got me interested origanally as this car was a head turner when I saw it in traffic on my way to work.

I was given an estimated 8 weeks from date of order to delivery, just wanted to know if this is the normal time frame :confused: ? Damn thats a long time to wait and my current MOT runs out end July 09

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi

Sounds about right to me, I ordered my Lusso end of March and have been given a delivery date of 3rd June.... can't wait...

·
Registered
309 Posts
hmmmm........Im not too sure abt the time frame.... but it really does vary. Coz I ordered mine on 28th Feb and still, I only got told verbally that its in UK and I'll hopefully get it this week (well they said this week... but its sunday now and I still hven't got it so...) yer. Its taking me around 90days or more than that (hopefully not!)
but it reli depends where u order it from, whether ure lucky or not :)
I hope this helps and Good luck~

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
miss_tcy -Waiting for my Mito......

I was just reading your post, damn, I am stunned by your long wait, so sorry to hear that you are still waiting, finger xross you'll have it soon :)

I can wait 3 months as I have loads to keep me occupied (work) and studies, as long I have the car before winter, my heater matrix on my xsi needs replacing at a cost of £400, mostly labour, so I have a heater that fogs up the whole car, piece of s***, be glad once it's scrapped.

·
Registered
341 Posts
yeah my blood pressure definately went up during the last few weeks, and then it went through the roof on the day of pick up cos the insurance company were pissing about and not sending the cover note over, and the garage said no note, no car

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, that reminds me, something I'll need to get a quote on and see what Direct Line says about cancelling my breakdown service as the Mito comes with a 1 year breakdown cover from the AA

·
Registered
153 Posts
No long now shortymcstompy, I envy you lol, lovely weather to drive around these days.
I am soooo excited!! It is like being a kid on the lead up to Christmas. I think it even appeared in a dream last night and it is days away :cheese: I saw it briefly yesterday with all it's transport stuff still on and I can't wait!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Well I ordered my MITO near the end of February and I still haven't had it yet. It's still sitting at Portbury Docks waiting for someone to check it over.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My order went through on Tuesday 26/05 and I was given some good news, I might have it by the end of June 09 as there was a cancelled order with the same trim level and options that I chose, dealer said he'll give me a call closer to the end of the June with an update.

1.4 (95bhp) Veloce, Solid Black

Options
Tinted rear windows
Smoking Pack
Electric Folding Mirrors

I am a bit suspicious regarding the possibility of having it by the end of the month so not holding my breath, he also said the car was already in the UK.

My MOT runs out end of August 09 and Tax is due end of July, so if the car arrives at the end of June that's good as I won't have to tax the old 306. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts