Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am in the middle of upgrading my mito 1.4tb (155bhp) I have had it mapped and just put a pipercross replacement filter in. I am now looking at a decat and there are not many options available I found tony banks on eBay (he is located in Leeds) will do a custom made decat and fit it for £250, was wondering if anyone has used him before? And if so what was the work like.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Why decat?
You womt gain much spool on that tiny turbo? You could go for a high flow cat, but honestly - this would mostly benefit a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a 09 mini similar size turbo with a decat had dyno runs before and after gained 15bhp. Also sounds a lot nicer too

D

·
0 Posts
Hi I am in the middle of upgrading my mito 1.4tb (155bhp) I have had it mapped and just put a pipercross replacement filter in. I am now looking at a decat and there are not many options available I found tony banks on eBay (he is located in Leeds) will do a custom made decat and fit it for £250, was wondering if anyone has used him before? And if so what was the work like.
As others have posted in here, don't bother save your money, this has been done to death on the Abarth forum and its a very minimal gain tbh.

My Abarth has the same set up as yours and i have a remap, BMC panel filter, stainless steel exhaust, iridium plugs and i'm kicking out about 190bhp. Thats plenty for the IHI turbo, get yourself the uprated injectors and Garret turbo they use in the Essesse Abarth Grande Punto and you can map these to anywhere upto 300bhp :thumbup:

I wouldn't push the IHI turbo much more past 210 to 230 at a max.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only want it to around 200bhp and I have had a remap and pipercross panel filter so I think I might get the decat plus front mount intercooler

D

·
0 Posts
I only want it to around 200bhp and I have had a remap and pipercross panel filter so I think I might get the decat plus front mount intercooler
The intercooler on these aren't to bad, the uprated ones will only give you a few extra rows of extra intercooler cooling unless you go with Forge - £400 or thereabouts :thinking: don't touch the Airtec one of ebay, its not worth the £250.

If you are serious on getting some power i would seriously consider the turbo and injector upgrade as then you can pretty much do whatever power you want upto about 260 which is plenty for a lightweight car.

Don't forget we have the chocolate gearbox which can only handle 270 to 320 lb of torque unless you get the bearing upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts