Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend today, she loves the look of the Mito but says she would love to see what a Mito convertible would look like. Got me thinking, are Alfa Romeo going to make a convertible Mito.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pud :thumbs:

That looks really good :D I wonder when Alfa will launch a convertible Mito, I reckon it would be a best seller ;)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I don't think the current mito chassis would be good with a convertible. if a convertible was made, it would have to be designed from scratch to perform anywhere near as well as the mito hatchback, and that's quite expensive to do...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mongoose - I agree, but, if they did make a convertible, I reckon that it would be marketed completely at hip females, in particular - ones that don't care about performance driving, but care about looking stylish with the roof down. I reckon that this is where the money is.

In which case, the mito will easily cope, without the need for the performance.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Mongoose - I agree, but, if they did make a convertible, I reckon that it would be marketed completely at hip females, in particular - ones that don't care about performance driving, but care about looking stylish with the roof down. I reckon that this is where the money is.
That's exactly why they shouldn't make a convertible which is heavy and slow, it will give the mito the image of ultimate hairdresser's car.. Like a tigra but more "stylish"

G

·
Think how much reinforcement it would need to provide
any kind of crash protection let alone give it chassis stiffness.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You're quite right, but, lets face it, Alfa need the money. They need to sort something out. The more cars they sell, (hopefully) the more money they have to develop brilliant crazy cars (like, the Alfa 147 GTA - 3.2 litre V6 in a front wheel drive hatch - but it's just brilliant!)

I would really like to see rear wheel drive 159 equivelent (though i know its unlikely, if there was rwd, would probably be 166 equivelent). I would also love to see a Mito GTA!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Compared to the GTA they had at Geneva last year the cloverleaf is a mere triffle!

Bring on the 230bhp full fat version.

GK

·
Registered
848 Posts
And it's the crazy cars which don't make money :( The problem is that Alfa have a tiny range of cars. I can't see them doing something like a Renault R26.R because the potential sales wouldn't justify the engineering expense. A stripped-down Mito GTA with huge power would be awesome but when you're bleeding hundreds of millions of Euro each year, every bit of cost-saving counts. I think it's better and cheaper to give all Alfas a touch of sportiness regardless of engine power.

More biz for the tuners too :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Besides, there's enough debate over whether it's a girls or gayers car now, can you imagine what it would be like if they bought out a convertible?

Heck it'd put the MiTo in the same league as the Brera and Spider :tut:

·
Registered
803 Posts
The irony is that the GTA was closer to production than the cloverleaf!
I can still hope they do it.

GK

1 - 20 of 21 Posts