Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mito is back at the dealership again, this time to replace the N/S shock absorber turret bush - they only had one in stock last time so fixed the noisiest (O/S) - and finally solve the 'groaning steering' when manoevering at low speed on cold days.
I also asked them to solve the clunk when stopping/moving off, my feeling is that the noise is coming from the N/S rear brake caliper - but what do I know I only drive it every day - so far they have changed the N/S front drop link and at the last update were changing the N/S front shock absorber, I wonder what day three of the investigation will reveal!
Anyone else had this problem?
Despite this latest saga and a few visits last year for electrical gremlins - garage now on speed dial - I still love my Mito:thumbs:, but I really need to get this sorted before the warranty runs out next month. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
clunk resolved

Picked M10 MTO up from Meridian Milano this afternoon without any creaks, groans or clunks at all. ;)
They replaced the N/S shock bush and also discovered the rear engine mount was 'misaligned' and causing the engine to rock suddenly when taking up/ coming off drive. Fingers crossed that its solved for good and thanks to Alan and the team at MM.:thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been into Perry's my nearest dealer 4 times over the past year first time was the rear windscreen pipe for the washer had frozen and crack off. Then the next three times was the Shock absorber bushes/anti roll bar links. Now that i think my 3rd year warranty has just run out i think my rear left bush has gone! wonder how much thats going to cost. regardless of the fact that the past three times has been repaired under warranty it's still been a pain in the ass. Not happy

·
Registered
177 Posts
If its the same one away again , as long as its not over a year since the repair , it will be covered by warranty , all repairs have a years warranty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh of course! I never thought that, it was in the garage in December for the bushes and it sounds exactly like the same problem bit Im dropping it in for a diagnostics and they said they will most likely do it for free as a goodwill gesture if its the same problem.
Now you've remembered me this, I WILL get it done under warranty! Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts