Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, anyone experiencing the same issues with their Mito Cloverleaf? if so, how have you sorted them out?

Stop/start - this hasn't worked a for well over a year.
over 10mph locking - A passenger can still open the door from the inside once the locking has been activated.

Any ideas?

My Mito Cloverleaf is approaching 3 years old and want to see if it is covered on the dealer warranty.

cheers

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If the Mito is the same as the 159 (and most other cars) which I guess it is the handle inside should open the door even if locked - for safety reasons. It's not a fault:thumbs:

·
Registered
66 Posts
The stop start system only works if the battery is tip top and the car is getting plenty of use. Have had this system in a Punto and now Mito and no issues -probably 100 miles+ a day is the reason:cheese:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Nothing wrong with either of those :thumbs: stop start not working saves you having to press the button to turn it off & as long as you can't open the door from the outside once its locked thats fine too :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
The problem is twofold!
Why doesn't the drivers door open using inside handle after locking? Have you tried it?
The passenger has tried it though, it must be your driving! :wow:

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you live / work in central London or any Uk city for that matter ; especially at night , this function is essential .

You would not want an unscrupulous ' Yoof ' to oust you at the Traffic Lights and drive off at great speed in your beloved Mito ...... Would You !!!

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
If you live / work in central London or any Uk city for that matter ; especially at night , this function is essential .

You would not want an unscrupulous ' Yoof ' to oust you at the Traffic Lights and drive off at great speed in your beloved Mito ...... Would You !!!
Then you want an ANTI-abduction system.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Then you want an ANTI-abduction system.
:thumbs: what he said. The auto lock function that activates over 5mph locks the doors (on the outside) so no1 can get it. Interior handles are manually attached to the door lock, as a safety device if you crash the car and electrics stop work you can still get out...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stop/start is v. hit and miss. Worked perfectly in my 135, in my Cloverleaf it very rarely engages saying "not available". It's worked once a long time ago during traffic part-way through a long drive, at night, in the cold, lights on and wipers going, heating up.
It also cut in a few days ago, first thing on a "chilly" morning, car not even warmed up yet, it just decided to work out of the blue. Other than that, no luck! It seems to be against all guidance for the system that mine decides to resurrect itself so go figure.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/352233-stop-and-start-feature.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts