Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Currently I am researching the possibility of sometime in the future upgrading the front brakes on my Abarth 500

Now apparently thew Mito Calipers on the 155 and the QV are a straight swap. I have spent out a few emails to UK Alfa suppliers and getting very little response. Are there any parts suppliers or possibly wreckers that I should approach that could help

Cheers

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi,

Currently I am researching the possibility of sometime in the future upgrading the front brakes on my Abarth 500
Now apparently thew Mito Calipers on the 155 and the QV are a straight swap. I have spent out a few emails to UK Alfa suppliers and getting very little response. Are there any parts suppliers or possibly wreckers that I should approach that could help

Cheers
If you upgrade to Brembos the standard 16s off the A500 wouldn't clear the calipers. You can get the Brembos offically from Abarth if you have the Koni FSDs fitted. They are probably stupid money but at least they would be deemed to be a 'dealer option'.
Also given the lightness of the A500 at 1035kgs the Brembos will add quite a bit of weight and you could feel it. There is no doubt that the brakes are simply outstanding in the MiTo but given the extra weight of the MiTo it could be justified.
What power are you running on the A500 ?
The 'Ferrari model' does have them fitted as standard but there are using the hubs off the Punto Evo Abarth. The Turbo is also bigger (Garret) and it runs more power than the standard setup at 180bhp with the potential to run even more. It would be worthwhile double checking that your wheels fit on the front of a MiTo 155TB / QV before you commit on buying the Brembo.
Would you not consider a set of slotted discs and a better set of pads instead ?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ring glyn hopkin abarth/Alfa/fiat garage in Romford and speak to parts - AGP should also have same brembo's as mito 155/QV. I know they will supply them to you, many off FF get them for their tjet/mjet grande's

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ------ Arghhhhh should have mentioned a few things

My car has 17in wheels so the fitment is not an issue

This is a long term desire – as opposed to an immediate action. It is for an upgrading opportunity when the discs will need to be replaced. I have non SS discs so I may as well take that upgrade opportunity when it presents itself.

I am in Australia where the prices on genuine Italian car parts from the dealers can be astronomical

The Aussie $$ is at all time high so I am on the lookout for a set of these calipers especially if I can pick them up at a reasonable cost and leave then until later. I am quite happy to consider a set from wreckers.

Ta

·
Registered
339 Posts
Have you thought of fitting a KSport brake kit? It will come with 2 piece disks and 6 or 8 pot caliper, weigh less than standard and cost less than the Brembo's. Used by time attack racers - very good kit :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts