Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Quick question, but when loading my 8GB usb stick onto the blue & me, it seems to take ages building the media library. All my folders and files are organized by Artist > Album > Song so I cant see how that would make a difference. Could it possibly be because i have about 6GB worth of music on the memory stick? would formatting the memory stick to NTFS make this faster?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
It should only take seconds. The B&M starts loading when you operate the remote and by the time youve got in and started it then the library should be built. I noticed in our Mito i was getting loads of "building media library" messages when asking for artists etc and sometimes the B&M wouldnt auto play on start up unlike in my 159. (Different manufacturers for the headunits but B&M is consistent) Tracked it down to a slightly dodgy USB connection. (With it being on display it must get knocked) If you get a BML message try popping the usb out and back in. Always works on ours and ist almost instantaneous.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should only take seconds. The B&M starts loading when you operate the remote and by the time youve got in and started it then the library should be built. I noticed in our Mito i was getting loads of "building media library" messages when asking for artists etc and sometimes the B&M wouldnt auto play on start up unlike in my 159. (Different manufacturers for the headunits but B&M is consistent) Tracked it down to a slightly dodgy USB connection. (With it being on display it must get knocked) If you get a BML message try popping the usb out and back in. Always works on ours and ist almost instantaneous.
Hmmm ok well im going to try and format it with ntfs (if it isnt already) and maybe reduce the amount of music. If that doesnt work do you think I should take it up with Alfa?

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure NTFS will not work, where the hell have I read that... At the very least it should be FAT32 or better still FAT16, I'll look for where I've seen that and get back,

J.

EDIT: link is from a fellow AO member so not gospel - http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/163944-usb-wont-play-music.html#post2531310 Also the bit rate needs to be 256 or below, I've done mine at 192Kbits, mp3s and it plays fine
Ah ok thanks ill give that a go, but doesnt fat16 have a 2gb limit? Also how do you change the bit rate? (I should really know this as i work in IT :lol:)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Its an option when you rip your music. Ive definitely got music at 320KBPS though and it plays fine in my wifes Mito and my 159?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its an option when you rip your music. Ive definitely got music at 320KBPS though and it plays fine in my wifes Mito and my 159?
You mean when you rip your music to a CD? I just download my music in mp3 format then drag and drop it into by USB drive? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Apologies re my advice on bitrates wee89, clearly I was wrong about the required bitrate, in media player, tools, options on the rip tab there should be a slider that allows you to adjust the bitrate that your music is ripped at, also in there you will find options to select the format that you rip in, mp3, wma etc...

J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts