Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming back to Alfa after a long holiday with some crap cars in between.

After many months hassle with a type s civic 2.2 Ctdi i was looking for a replacement, on autotrader using the filter options i had a budget of around 5k. I set no older than 6 years, no more than 60k miles 0-60, between 0-8 secs.... lets see what that brings up, and there we go an alfa mito 1.4 Multiair 135bhp

went out for a test drive and by next week im going to be the proud owner of a black mito :thumbup:

Honestly dont see why there have been mixed reviews for this car.... but second hand value for buyers right now are a steal!!!.

Was not that keen on the looks when they were first released but they have grown on me and look much better than in pics.

Using a 147 1.6 at the moment until the civic goes back to the dealer (process of rejecting the car)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congrats :)

I almost went to look at a type S civic ctdi when I was hatchback shopping last year. Was contemplating the civic partly as it was less bland styling-wise than a lot of other hatchbacks (mito wasn't on my radar at that point). The clutch-made-of-cheese in the 2.2 ctdi was a concern I'd had though.

I was in the same boat with the looks of the mito - not keen when first released and from pics, but one caught my eye when visiting a car dealer last year and I found the looks had grown on me too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agreed, bought mine for 5k 35k miles on the clock. Couldn't be happier. Used to drive a Vauhall Corsa D... Not many Mitos on the road but 2nd hand price is very fair!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes its a shame though, that 2.2 diesel is an amazing engine... very smooth linear power and is very quiet, as you mentioned though the clutch is the weak point.

Whats worse about the civic is that AWFUL suspension its like driving a Flintstones car with concrete wheels....unacceptably crashy, and its annoying cause its a good car wasted by rattly interiors and awful suspension. other than that i thought that civic was great.

Going back because on 4 occasions the dealer failed to fix a bad clunk coming from the rear and there are massive panel gaps everywhere. Right hand side of the boot i could fit my fingers between the shut lines. Good old british assembly at work there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts